Doorhanging

Hello Think Tankers… I have a question for you all:

Doorhang the same 100 houses every other week for 10 times or all 1000 all at once.

Which one would ultimately have a better response?

What do you think?

Basically, I have been doorhanging for almost 20 years and it seems it’s not as effective as it used to be. We have 20,000 homes in our delivery area and I am thinking repition is better than just blanketing the while trade area every once in a while.

Anxiously awaiting your response! Thank you.

Here is a similar thread that I started last month that you might find useful:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8751&p=59230&hilit=+door#p59230

The Black Book says to hit the same house 3 times on 3 different days within the span of two weeks for maximum effect.

I spent tens of thousands of pretty pennies to buy that book, there’s no way it can be wrong!

“Advertising is the tax you pay for unremarkable thinking.”

Sorry Brad couldn’t resist :smiley:

Dave

Every ones experience will be different…It will depend on your price point, competition in your market at that price point, how aggressive your competition is, major events taking place, weather, etc., etc., etc…

My past experience was a cycle of 1 out of 7 weeks worked in a large market with 20+ stores and 1 in 3 or 4 weeks in a market with just a couple other stores…In the large market our prices were in the bottom 1/3…In the small market we 25% above the others…In the large market “deals” were a must due to the aggressive nature of the competition…In the small market we just used menus…With Tue and Wed night package deals…