dough help

i need to know what would change in a dough recipe using all trumps 25lb if i use a doughpro heated plated?
thank you

there is a least 1 recipe on the PMQ recipe bank for dough using a press,
Otis

See this thread: http://www.pmq.com/tt/viewtopic.php?p=2972#2972.

no recipe changes are needed…just use proofed dough @ room temp for optimum results…pull dough out for a few hours and rock n roll!!!

cold dough will shrivel up on the platen & screen…you should be able to press one skin, arrange that skin while another is pressing…crank out 10-20 @ a time for optimum results…if you don’t need that many @ a time, then a dough press is not the solution…

Ahhh, without seeing your dough formula, it’s hard to say what changes I might make to your formula to help it shape-up using a Dough-Pro press with a heated head. But, if I were formulating the dough, it might look something like this:
Flour 100%
Salt 1.75%
Sugar (optional) 2%
Yeast (IDY) 0.375%
PZ-44 1.5%
Water 56%

Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Ahhh, without seeing your dough formula, it’s hard to say what changes I might make to your formula to help it shape-up using a Dough-Pro press with a heated head. But, if I were formulating the dough, it might look something like this:
Flour 100%
Salt 1.75%
Sugar (optional) 2%
Yeast (IDY) 0.375%
PZ-44 1.5%
Water 56%
Almost forgot to include the oil. Oil 3%

B.J.;
This might help you convert the dough formula that I gave you in percentages to a dough size based on 25-pounds of flour.
Use a simple calculator .
Decide how much flour you want to use, in your case, you said 25-pounds.
Enter the flour weight and proceed as follows:
25 X (ingredient %) then press the “%” key and read the answer in the display window.
25 X 0.375 (press the “%” key) and read 0.9375-pounds. 0.9375 X 16 (ounces in a pound) = 1.5-ounces
25 X 3 (press the “%” key) and read 0.75-pound X 16 = 12-ounces.
Do this for each ingredient and you will have your dough formula ready to go. The neat thing about working your dough formula in percentages is that by this method, all you need to do is to decide how much flour you want to use, calculate the ingredient percentages out, and you have a new sized dough formula, in perfect balance, every time.