DOUGH PRESS HELP PLEASE!!

Is there anybody out there that has used a dough press with a pan style pizza?? I am begging for help. The manufacturer cannot help me one bit.

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin;
Typically, a pressed dough needs to be pretty relaxed, and the best way to get that is to use a little PZ-44 in the dough. This will help the dough to stay put after pressing without the problem of snap-back or memory. The Dough Pro press is designed to press the dough right into the pan. We find that if you use shortening or margarine in the pan, then place your dough ball in the center of the pan it will press out quite well. If you want to use oil in the pan, we have had our best success by pressing the dough right on the platten and transferring it to the pan manually. Once you have the dough in the pan, it still needs to be proofed for about 30 to 70 minutes if you are looking for a thick crust.
Does this address the problems you are experiencing? If not, if you can be more specific about the problems you’re having in pressing the dough I’ll be glad to work with you so you can get a decent pressed dough.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I own a DoughPro. It seems to be a very versatile machine. I have found the folks a DoughPro to be very easy to work with, and they back their product! 800-624-6717.