Dough Question

I’m not sure where you got this figure, but I have lived in Benton all my life and it has never been 11,000 people. It was 7200 at one time. The sign coming in from the North says 6800, the sign coming in the from South says 7200. Go figure . . .

Back to dough issue - I rehydrate the fresh yeast in 100 degree water. I put the oil in first, then the yeast water, flour, sugar then salt. I mix for 8 minutes. Like I said, the crust is good, Bill just wants it to be a little thicker.

Today, I did a test batch using 93 degree yeast water, less salt and mixed for 10 minutes. My dough came out at 85 degrees which is warmer than normal. It had a good feel to it, so I’m hoping when we try it out tomorrow, it will have the look and taste Bill is looking for.

We are really having a good week and had a guy come in tonight to “Tame the Monster Pizza”. He actually did it - that’s the second person out of 46 that has won. We took his picture and gave him a T-Shirt. We have started a section in the store to honor the winners.

www.melissadata.com

use free lookups…

then zip code demographics…

pump in your zip code… done.

With your figures that would increase your marketshare to 50%.

Rob,

I looked at that site today and the data for the zip codes I entered was old to say the least, listed at 2000 census and even that was completely wrong.

Not impressed with the results.

you might consider switching to IDY yeast - fresh yeast is old skool…much better & consistent results w/IDY

2nd don’t add the oil when you do…oil can encapsulate the yeast and that will effect performance…mix your dough for a couple of minutes, then add the oil…much better results…

Being the rookies that we are, Bill and I wondered if the fresh yeast needed to be changed to IDY. I will definitely try putting the oil in last.

Thanks again for all the help. I’m soooooooo glad this message board is here!!

Re: Dough Question… best recommendation

I think you have enough information to get your dough problems solved for now…
In the meantime, my best recommendation, if you have the time, go to the AIB pizza workshop in October…
I did it 2 years ago. I believe it will help you avoid a lot of problems and help solve the new ones that come up… great information and a fun time in Manhatten, KS…When I get a partner, I will make sure they attend.
Otis

Re: Dough Question… best recommendation

I live in Manhattan. Stop by and I’ll make you a pizza. -J_r0kk