Dough Recipe for Conveyor Ovens

I am a “newbie” to this forum. My husband and I have a soft serve sit down business and are pretty sure we will be adding Pizza to boost sales. We have recently ateended both the Columbus show and the Vegas Show. Very impressesd by both shows. What is our best option for dough? Should we use frozen dough balls or mix our own. What advantages or disadvantages do each pose? We are 99% sure a conveyor oven is what we will be using to cook our pizza. Thanks for the help.

What kind of production volume are you anticipating?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

I think we have the potential for 400-500 Pizzas per week

You’re going to be needing to make your own dough. Take a look in the RECIPE Bank at some of the dough formulas posted in there, and also take a look at the Dough Management Procedure that I’ve got posted there too. This will give you an idea of what it will take to make your own dough. It is really pretty easy, you can make a batch of dough and put it up in the cooler in less than an hour every couple days. The only hurdle would be if you don’t have a walk in cooler.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Thanks Tom. From what I have been reading in other posts that seems to be the way to go. I have run across several of your posts and will look into this some more.

That’s a lot of pizzas projected for your type of business as an add on range. A lot of sole pizza operators don’t do that amount, let alone as an add on line.

If you can get that volume good luck to you, but I think expectations are beyond reality.

If you decide to go down this line I would start with frozen dough balls and then if you hit your expectations make your own.

Good luck.

Dave

It may be a high number of pizza’s, but we have a large customer base to pull from. We always try to set the bar high. I understand if it seems too high, but I don’t want to limit myself. Thanks