Dough roller help

Hi guys, I have a dough roller something like this…

http://www.sesupplyco.com/dough_rollers_1.htm

infact I think this the exact dough roller I have, where would I find a scraper/tool to clean the rollers?

I had a Somerset brand - similar…I just used soap & water & rarely had 2 clean the “guts”…use something non-abrasive if you have the non-metal rollers

I have the same one and clean with soap and water too. Sometimes starts screeching after a few washes have to oil…

i power wash mine with my honda 2000psi washer.

it really cleans up nice

i use a little vegetable oil on a scotch brite pad to clean my rollers, but I have metal a very old roller. it works good and doesn’t clog or screech .

That’s all good and well, but I’m not sticking my fingers anywhere near that top roller when it’s running. I can get to the bottom one fine with a cleaning pad, what I need the scraper thing for is to: One, scrape the built up dried up dough off and Two to use in conjunction with a towel or cleaning pad for the top roller. What I need is a Dough Roller Scraper. I have looked allover online and found nothing.

you know, you can remove the roller(s) assembly…

Take the back off. I can’t remember if there’s front access as well. You note which scraper goes where and how it’s attached. Wash them with soap and water.

Take a nylon scrubbie sponge and start the machine. The sponge should have water on it. Apply the scrubby part against the roller where it’s IMPOSSIBLE to get your fingers in there. If it tries to take the sponge from you, LET IT, do not get your fingers in there. Wipe off with a clean cloth, then dry. Use a brush with veggie oil on it and wipe the rollers from end to end (again, while running). this will keep it from rusting. Just a very light coat. Put the scrapers in place and close it up.

If you’re scared to have it on (and it’s quite okay to be scared), I think you can turn the rollers by hand to get the inaccessible parts. It takes a bit of torque to turn them though. If your hired help is cleaning it, this is the only method. I don’t mind doing it with the rollers on, but I’m willing to bet I’m smart enough not to crush my fingers. There aren’t many other folks I trust to be that smart. :slight_smile:

I always have it off and unplugged take all the scraper things off clean in sink and move rollers by hand to spray and clean vaccuum the back and bottom first if there is flour less mess

Hello Ad,I just wash my ‘hands’.This is why hand tossed pies are the best.Throw that damn roller away!

Moisten with hot water . . . add soap . . . agitate/rub for 30 seconds . . . rinse. Repeat.

Takes up less floor space as well. Portable. Low maintanence. Works with any size dough without additional parts. Multi-tasker-can use on many food items for various tasks. “Slcies, dices and even makes french fries” with option knife attachment. Unlimited attachments.

in my “misspent” pizza youth, I had no one to show me how to hand toss and reading elseware determined I needed a sheeter…

we quickly ramped up to 300-500 skins/day…

I woulda been lost w/o my sheeter…

'course we proofed the dough for hours b4 topping…

and I can “sheet & spin” 50 skins in about 20 minutes…

'we just wiped down the outside of the stainless and washed our hands…

until someone took out the rollers & put them in improperly…

dough wouldn’t “feed” correctly…

had 2 call mfg to figure out how 2 fix…

Dough sheeters don’t have hairy arms :).