Dough Usage

Ok we make our dough using the basic ingredients suggested. We cross stack the dough in the walk in for a few hours. Then nest overnight.

Now, it is time to use the dough.

What does everyone else do? Pull it out and let it warm up or form cold? How long can it stay out before discarding? What is the minimum warm up time? At the end of the night is the warmed dough garbage?

I don’t know about everybody else, but my dough is best used at 45-55 degrees. You’ve got to bring it out and let it warm up before using or it’ll be too hard to work with, because, of course, the walk-in is 36 degrees.

Usually, depending on the dough(and the dough slapper), once you hit around 65-70 degrees, it’s time to put it back into the walkin to get it cooled down. I’m sure you’ll notice once you keep it out long enough it’s super soft and almost pancaked together. Don’t let that happen. That’s just pure dough management. Keep a stem thermometer in there and keep up on those temps and you will never go wrong.

And remember, only pull out the amount of dough you’ll need. Why pull out 20 trays when you’re only going to go through 6? Hope this helps. -J_r0kk

As mentioned in teh other reply, let it warm us some. Cold dough is harder to work and cold dough going in the oven in 99% of the cases will bubble badly.

I do the same. I let it warm up for about an hour or so depending on what time of year it is and how hot the kitchen is. You will get a feel for it the more you do it. The hard part is to remember to keep pulling out as you use what you have warmed up. It is really easy to get caught up in a rush, and then next thing you know you are really in trouble! Good luck!