Drive Thru for Pizza

I moved into my presesnt location 2 years ago and it had a drive thru window installed as it was a coffe/sandwich shop before I had it. I now want to open the drive thru. Do any of you do this? what are the pros and cons. My idea is to have it for picking up pizzas but also for ordering food. I would have a limited menu so they wouldnt be able to actually order pizza in the line as that would take to much time but I would haveany thing that could be held in a warmer or premade like slices, personal pizzas, subs, wraps, salads fried chicken etc (all the quick easy items that are on the menu)

Also What kind of drive thru system should I be looking at? All I have is the window everything elses was pulled out when the coffee shop closed, I think the car detector loop is still buried in the ground from the looks of the wires comming out of the conduit.

the number on thing is make sure you can fit a pizza box thru the window.
i think the drive thru is an excellent idea . alot of people are lost because they dont want to get out of the car for whatever reason and choose mcdonalds to go thru a drive thru even if they wanted pizza.any one that orders over the phone can pick up at the window.

me again also if you type in pizza drive thru windows online they have companies that design just for pizzerias so you can fit the box thru.

these people built my concession windows…in case you get that far along or need it

[http://buysellfind.net/siding/humphrey/ ... n-2-27.htm](http://buysellfind.net/siding/humphrey/concession-windows/concession-2-27.htm)

There is a drive-thru pizza place out here with three locations. All three locations have at least one car in line at all times. During peaks I’ve seen as many as 10-12 cars. Their pizza is horrible. Baked in sheet pans and cut into squares you get one piece of pepperoni on each cut. The dough, sauce and cheese is so awful.

People don’t care though. They are happy with the convience of being able to feed the kids and themselves without leaving their car.

There was a chain I fell in luv w/yrs ago in WI…

http://www.rockyrococo.com

not sure of the quality these days…they had I believe 4 slices of pie on the meny, with other things…believe it was 3x5 or so…decent…

you could offer cheese, roni, sausage or combo by the slice and parbake them for peak times and reheat as the order is called in thru the squawk box…

flush out your menu with some subs & salads…

Donoto’s is going big time w/drive-up windows…just teach your order takers to inform the customer to go to the window for p/y and inform the squawk that you are there 2 p/u your order…

If the pie is not ready, do like MickeyD’s does and have them pull over & someone will run it out to them…

I used to drive by Rocky’s on occasion (I am from IL, and it seemed like I would have to drive up to Cheese Head Land once a month or so). Don’t they offer a drive-in service? For some reason I never stopped though.

pizza hut has used the drive thru with some success, people are too lazy to get out of their car and drive thrus cater to that. People can call in a drive thru order and fifteen minutes later be at the drive thru and not have to get out of the car. Go for it and advertise the heck out of it!