Edit-What size is your mixer (Qt)/make line size (8ft +?)

OK I rephrased this trying to answer this question

what size is your mixer vs your volume and do you make dough 1x day or more often?

Do you have a make line longer than 8 ft, 2 make lines or ??

Thanks.

Re: How big is your mixer and how large is your prep/make ta

That looks like more of a sandwich table. It doesn’t have the deep cutting board to put pizza peels.

It depends on what type of volumes you’ll be running, but a 60" is probably too small unless you’ll be a really low volume shop. You can only get two pizza makers at a time on a 60" table.

Plus, there isn’t enough cooler space up on top. A 60" will have enough 1/6 slots for all of your toppings. Where will you put your cheese bins?

If you’re planning on doing sandwiches, subs, salads, etc., this would be a great table for that. But probably not for pizza making.

On another note, if you buy a used prep table, make sure it’s NSF-7 certified. This is just a hunch, but I bet that one isn’t. NSF-7 certified tables usually have the toppings recessed.

ditto here…that is a sandwich prep cooler/table - not the right one nor size…

look for an 8’ slap table…

I was thinking I will need at least an 80Qt mixer and at least an 8ft prep line.

I agree, I thought that prep table was for salad/sands, but I plan to have a salad line. I suppose if I can get it cheap it might be worth it.

We use a Hobart 60 quart mixer. One batch of dough yields approximately 8 trays. We usually do 2 or 3 batches a day. We decided on the 60 quart mainly because of price rather than convenience. As far as makelines, we’re installing 2 into the new shop. One 8 foot makeline for pizza-making, another 4 foot makeline for our experiment… subs.

-J_r0kk

I use a Hobart 140qt mixer so I can mix 100Lbs of flour at a time. Use just over 40 fifty pound bags a week. As far as a makeline, we use an eight foot randell with custom made grates/catch pans.

Speaking of makelines, heres a badass Dominos makeline for sale on ebay. They don’t get better than this model. Manufactured solely for Dominos.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Pizza-Prep-Table-8- … dZViewItem

Damn, that is a nice make line, especially with the grates on the top for waste to keep things clean. Colorado would be a 3-4 day round trip from Seattle. Hmmm!

j_r0kk Thanks again for chimming in on this one. I know you do a good volume in several stores so your information is always welcome. Knowing my wife will be working during the day and myself at night, I may have to look at either a larger mixer for a single batch or plan to do 2-3 batches in the evenings.

Thanks for the replies and to anyone else that wants to chime in.

you might consider using iship.com - kinda like ebay…you place your item you want shipped & carriers will bid on it…you can take advantage of their schedules

a 60 qt mixer is the minimum, unless you can find a VCM (vertical cutter mixer) at a decent price…

Paul,

Thanks for the heads up on that makeline.

-J_r0kk