electric oven making dry pizza

I use a hobart electric oven it makes my pizza crispy when they are freash from the oven i am happy with my pizza when the pies stand the dough gets dry and when i reheat them they are borderline disgusting is their anything i can add to my pizza dough to keep it moist i allready use copius amounts of water. Should i cut back on the oil

This link may offer some insight.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index. … 418.0.html

Hi jmv

When gas burns (combines with oxygen) moisture is created. Electric baking creates no moisture.

George Mills

You’re absolutely right George. Some time ago we thoroughly wrung out a top name electric oven and compared it to a sister gas oven and there was a world of difference between the two, even after the factory reps had tweaked the electric oven for all it was worth. Due to the dry heat, it took longer to bake the pizzas (moisture in the air improves the heat transfer properties of the air) and the pizzas had to be baked at a substancially higher temperature, again, due to poorer heat transfer properties of the electric oven (we’re talking air impingement ovens here). When reheating par-baked pizzas the dry heat didn’t do anything good for the cheese either.
There are applications where electric ovens are just fine, but air impingement baking doesn’t appear to be one of them.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor