electric vehicle pizza delivery

anybody using electric vehicle pizza delivery ?

I am considering buying one for delivery here in Quartzsite, AZ, a small town of 3500, approximately 2 miles by 1 mile wide.

might it work ?,

Otis

Re: electric vehivle pizza delivery

http://www.nevco-ev.com/index2.html

http://www.zapworld.com/ZAPWorld.aspx?id=188

I’d love to, too.
As soon as I get to a delivery level that requires a second company vehicle. I want to drive the thing right inside the shop and plug it in - what fun!!

Re: electric vehivle pizza delivery

Your typical EV will get 40-50 miles per charge with strong batteries, depending on the speed it is driven. That makes it tough to use as a regular delivery vehicle. I would tend to think you would be better off going with a WVO(waste vegetable oil) vehicle, which is simple to set up in any diesel vehicle, especially in the warm weather states. Check out www.greasecar.com[/url] or [url=http://www.greasel.com]www.greasel.com for more info. this is the route I would much rather take.

electric vehicle and bicycle

for the market in Quartzsite, AZ, even a 30 mile range would work,
the grease car looks good for larger areas like you in Gainesville,

in fact, I plan too get a tricycle pedal delivery vehicle for the shorter drops, which I will have more of

…who else out there is delivering on bicycles or other pedal vehivles ?

Otis

Re: electric vehicle and bicycle

I have a 49cc scooter that has a box that holds up to 7 LG pizzas…comes in really handy in the warm months…seems much more practical than a bike/trike

I am in a very liberal town and they would love it if I had an EV. Hopefully they wouldn’t see the H2 parked in back!

I am all for alternative energy sources but this vehicle has no protection if you wrecked.

pizzaman,
which vehicle are you referring to ?
some have protection, some do not,

Otis

One upon a time I modified a golf cart and made it street legal.
It was slow, but good for short runs - plus it could drive right up a curb, use sidewalks to scoot around campus, etc.
It was basically lots of fun…

I beleive volkswagen makes some sort of limited use electric vehicle
… and it has a pretty good top speed of like 35mph and has good range i cant seem to find any literature on it online… if anyone can post a link please do so

Perry,
I have a scooter that I want to outfit with some type of a hot box to use for deliveries. Did you build your own box, or did you find one for sale somewhere?

came with it, but had to get a friend make the box opening bigger for an 18" pie, not 16"
it is a TGB Delivery scooter

I was told, to my surprise, that a scooter would be uninsurable basically. For hired drivers I mean. That it’s an exclusion.
I don’t get why, as it seems harder to hurt SOMEONE ELSE that would then sue the store, if you’re driving a scooter!

We are looking at modifying golf cart(s) to deliver in our local downtown district . . . about 1 mile radius. It will be much simpler and more affordable to operate for nearby customers, and quite recognizeable. Car topper should be easily affixed, can be driven in local parades, makes for good “qick errand” car and less basic insurance to own one. Haven’t looked into delivery insurance for one yet.

In good weather, it will be hard to beat. with the zip-down sides, rain won’t be too bad either, but we’ll prolly go with the real cars at tha point.

I like being able to drive it indoors at night to charge :slight_smile:

I have a similar senario in Quartzsite, AZ
am looking at the Global Electric Motors cars, have safety belts and roll bars built in
there is a company in Parker, the modifies golf carts for that,
I need a little more range…short stuff I plan on doing with a tricycle, pedal machine,

Otis