Fast Oven

Is anyone using a TurboChef oven ? We are looking for a fast oven to cook wings wedges and other side orders. We have a double deck marsal but it takes to long to cook our sides/apps etc…We do not have room for a fryer any recomondations would be great. Thanks.

Don’t use one, but bought a pre-owned before we opened with plans to. If you need one at a decent price…I’m here.

Is the Turbo chef similar to the little oven they use at Subway to toast their subs? If so, do they work well for actually cooking wings, etc. or is it just for reheating items that have already been fully cooked?

Yup Turbo Chef models are used in many of the Subway locations, at least in my area. That’s why I ended up with one. Our original plan was to do a pizza and sub shop…we ended up well beyond that dream!

We use a turbochef for our subs and wraps. It is an excellant oven. Cut our baking time from 3:30 down to :45 for hot subs. They have litteraly 100’s of adjustments that can be made to their baking cycle. I would contact them directly and ask for a complete list of menu items that they would consider baking in the oven.

There is a huge inventory of these ovens on ebay because many subways and dunkin donuts either go out of business or upgrade to the newer ovens that came out recently.

While researching the Turbo, check out the Merrychef. A lot of the Subways have gone to this model - very, very nice. I ran into a chef doing meats in one!

PD