Fish Ovens

Scott,

Yes it has been on many TV shows…I was not comparing to them nor thinking we can do the same but to make the point…Price is only one piece of what you do…I think it is more about positioning and how you present or sell yourself to your customer…Don’t call yourself a better product and than use all the cheapest parts to make it…I appreciate your input and I take to heart your comments…I am just not a believer that low price is the end all…I suppose if it was we would all be driving Yogos…well…not now …there out of business…My point is that price certainly has a factor but it and of its self is not the measure to success…I think it is more important to know who your customer is and to deliver on what they want…and what you are representing yourself to be…

Hi guys:

I think it is mostly the quality of ingredients and the care and the way they are combined and blended that determines the quality of the pizza not the oven used.

Tom the Dough Docter has pretty much shown that about any oven properly used can bake an outstanding pizza of any style.

Again I would select the oven that is the simplest and easiest to use, that has the production capacity needed, is reasonably priced, is low in gas and electricity consumption, is easy to keep clean and has a great warranty.

George Mills

Hi Guys:

As to the revolver type ovens, They were the answer many years ago to getting volume when the only other option was the deck oven. When a better way to bake pizza came on the market most, except those needing a 18-20 minute bake time for very thick and often top crusted pizzas replaced them.

I would note and quote Tom the Dough Doctor again in his view that the oven is not A critical factor in baking a quality product of any style.

It is the quality of the ingredients, the formulation and care in preparing that count.

There are pizzerias all over the nation baking fantastic pizzas using about any type oven imaginable. There are also pizzerias producing lousy pizzas using the same make ovens. Naturally some ovens can and do produce superb pizzas but they cannot produce in great volume.

If the oven is not the factor in producing a fantastic pizza, I would think the selection would be determined by some other factors. Production capacity perhaps up to 300 per hour or more potential, simplicity of operation any one can learn in minutes, no special skills required, Never a burnt or under baked pizza is a factor. Initial cost is a factor. operating cost is a big factor. Ease of cleaning is a big factor. Warranty is a big factor.

My mantra to buyers has always been get an oven that knows, every time, when your fantastic pizza is baked to perfection then pushes it out. What could be simpler?

George Mills