Foodler(dot )com

I stumbled accross this website : foodler(dot)com. It looks very interesting. I haven’t contacted them yet, but it sounds like you get a website w/ online ordering for only 5% of the sales ( I don’t know if that is a good deal or not, I have never looked into it). If any of you have done this let me know I a courios to see if it is something I should do. Thanks

Sorry about the (dot) - Anti-Spam

My knee-jerk reaction is that someone considering setting up an ordering program for a percentage of sales . . . and 5% at that . . . is either not informed well, or is not in the pizza business. Or equally possible, I am way out of touch, which happens all too often these days.

If you are a genuine proprietor of a pizza place, please forgive my bluntness. 5% seems a huge chunk to pay for a service. Even credit card vendors who basically “lend” money only charge 3%. I do not know the particulars of the"customary and accepted" pricing of thewse services, so I’ll just leave it at not being interested in payong a percentage for such a service at this time in my business.

I don’t think 5% is that bad. If you get 10 orders a week from it in the beginning it with an average order of $20.00 it is only $10. I don’t think I can get a website and set it up for online orders and only pay $10 a week. And they will do some of the advertising. There is no one in my area doing online ordering, I would be the first. I can’t see spending the money up front and getting the website and online ordering and having it be a flop, I would rather pay 5% fee for those orders online than be out the capital spent. It seems less risky. Maybe in the end doing it myself would be cheaper, but there is not the risk of wasting alot of money for something that might not catch on in my area. This is a quote from their website “Bottom line: Being a member of Foodler will not cost you anything unless we bring you additional business.â€

There are many companies that do this but this is the first time I have heard of one wanting a percentage of sales.

Do a Google. You will find other alternatives . . .

Is online ordering even needed?

I dont see it. It seems “cool” and all, but who really cares? Is someone NOT going to order from your place because you don’t have online ordering?

I can take someones order over the phone much faster than anyone could order it online.

Someone tell me why I need to have online ordering.

[quote=“Crusher1”]
I don’t think 5% is that bad. If you get 10 orders a week from it in the beginning it with an average order of $20.00 it is only $10. I don’t think I can get a website and set it up for online orders and only pay $10 a week. And they will do some of the advertising. There is no one in my area doing online ordering, I would be the first. I can’t see spending the money up front and getting the website and online ordering and having it be a flop, I would rather pay 5% fee for those orders online than be out the capital spent. It seems less risky. Maybe in the end doing it myself would be cheaper, but there is not the risk of wasting alot of money for something that might not catch on in my area. This is a quote from their website “Bottom line: Being a member of Foodler will not cost you anything unless we bring you additional business.â€