Football Season Marketing

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to drop a quick line as I recently realized that many of my customers and prospective customers haven’t been thinking about their advertising for this rapidly approaching Football Season. With the first preseason NFL game scheduled for Sunday August 5th and the first regular season game not far behind September 5, 2012, now is the time to start thinking about what your advertising plan will be.

I don’t have to tell any of you operators that this is prime time for pizza, wings and other food sales. Therefore, it is critical to strategize and brainstorm now before the season begins.

That said, I wanted to share with everyone one of the many ways we are helping our customers promote game time coupons, specials, etc. this season with a different looking coupon strategy.

Instead of just a standard looking coupon with offer, we are taking some of our customers coupons and making them look like tickets and giving them the heading “Ticket To Savings.” Although this isn’t necessarily mind blowing, it is something a bit different intended to capture the consumer’s attention and turn them into orders.

I promise the major chains have been thinking about their strategies. Papa John’s every year locally does a Free Topping for each Eagles touchdown scored and you double the amount of toppings when the Eagles actually win. I know this promo works because my parents (who are a bit old school) order every time as do many others I know.

My short winded point is that any and all ways you plan on advertising your business during the upcoming football season whether it’s a box topper, door hanger, direct mail, facebook, email or whatever your preferred method is, now is the time to start thinking about what and how you are going to promote your business and most importantly execute. I know everyone is super busy and it’s easier said than done but the registers will appreciate it.

Good luck this season and if anyone needs any help just drop me a line.

PS: Sorry for the lower res images you can only upload very small files to these posts.

Josh Davis
Vice President of Sales
Mail Shark
4125 New Holland Road
Mohnton, PA 19540
Direct: 484-948-1611
Mobile: 484-269-3715
Fax: 610-621-5241