forgot oil in dough

:shock:

can this dough be used or do I need to scrap it???

I can’t believe I forgot it :oops:

s/b fine - will be harder to stretch tho & may not brown quite as well…

You probably have 10 bucks in it…scrap it…not worth even one customer complaint!

ditto what Kris said…

Thanks…

I did throw it out…in 6 years have never done it and was curious.

One of my “associates” forgot oil a couple of months back and I took it home and the kids made pretzels out of it. They had a lot of fun with it. But no, the money saved is nothing compared to offering your product to customers with expectations of receiving your usual quality.

Well…
Its your call.
Oil is actually an optional ingredient in pizza dough, and there is a lot of pizza dough made without any oil. It does affect the mouthfeel of the finished crust slightly as well as the flavor. It also contributes to finished volume/height of the baked crust.
Yes, you could use it and probably get away with it, but if your customers pick up on it, your reputation is on the line…Do you feel lucky?
If it were me, I’d keep the dough in the cooler and begin feeding it back into my fresh dough to use it up. You can add it to your fresh dough at the rate of 3-pounds per 10-pounds of flour weight. Add it to the dough after about 3 or 4-minutes of mixing time. Just be careful so as not to overload your mixer with the additional dough.
You might also be able to turn some of the dough into bread sticks too.
Or, try this, if you have some deep-dish pans, roll the dough out to fit into your pans, oil the pand well and place the shaped dough piece into the pan, cover and allow to proof/rise for about an hour, then bake for about 4-minutes, or until lightly browned. Invert and cool on a screen, then store in a plastic bag at room temperature for up to 3-days. To make bread sticks or dipping bread, cut the focaccia in half, brush with a garlic flavored oil, and reheat for about 3-minutes, as soon as it comes from the oven, cut into finger slices about 1.5-inches wide, and sprinkle with a powdered Parmesan and Romano cheese blend. Serve with ollive oil or oilve oil with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Give them out as a comp to your customers for a little good will.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Well…
Its your call.
Oil is actually an optional ingredient in pizza dough, and there is a lot of pizza dough made without any oil. It does affect the mouthfeel of the finished crust slightly as well as the flavor. It also contributes to finished volume/height of the baked crust.
Yes, you could use it and probably get away with it, but if your customers pick up on it, your reputation is on the line…Do you feel lucky?
If it were me, I’d keep the dough in the cooler and begin feeding it back into my fresh dough to use it up. You can add it to your fresh dough at the rate of 3-pounds per 10-pounds of flour weight. Add it to the dough after about 3 or 4-minutes of mixing time. Just be careful so as not to overload your mixer with the additional dough.
You might also be able to turn some of the dough into bread sticks too.
Or, try this, if you have some deep-dish pans, roll the dough out to fit into your pans, oil the pand well and place the shaped dough piece into the pan, cover and allow to proof/rise for about an hour, then bake for about 4-minutes, or until lightly browned. Invert and cool on a screen, then store in a plastic bag at room temperature for up to 3-days. To make bread sticks or dipping bread, cut the focaccia in half, brush with a garlic flavored oil, and reheat for about 3-minutes, as soon as it comes from the oven, cut into finger slices about 1.5-inches wide, and sprinkle with a powdered Parmesan and Romano cheese blend. Serve with ollive oil or oilve oil with a splash of balsamic vinegar. Give them out as a comp to your customers for a little good will.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor