Foxes Pizza Den Franchise

Does anyone have any info on this franchise good or bad. It looks like something that I would be interested in getting into. No Royality fees just $250.00 a month and they were on the cover of PMQ last year.

Also I am interested in Nick-N-Willy’s any info on them would also be helpful.

Just that their website says 10K + $300/m.
So what do you get for it - doesn’t seem like they do a whole lot of marketing for you…

Jim Fox lived in my delivery area when I ran a store out in Pittsburgh. We talked a couple of times. The only thing that I heard is that you have to buy the food from them. So even though they advertise a low monthly royalty payment of $250, Fox’s is still going to get their money. It’s just a different way of getting it from you. :wink:

It seems with most franchises you either pay 4% and save about 2% using the franchises buying power or you pay a low monthly royalty and buy from them which is about 2% more than what you’d pay regularly.

I’d suggest calling some stores and talking to the owners. Most are willing to tell you the good and the bad. I can’t think of a better source than from them.

FEE LOW HIGH
Initial Franchise Fee $10,000 $10,000
Training Fee $6,000 $6,000
Signage - Actual Cost of Sign $3,500 $5,000

Site Consulting Fee - Covers expenses in developing franchise & expenses during training $3,000 $3,000
Equip/Fixtures/Remodeling $55,000 $70,000
Opening Inventory $4,500 $6,000
Insurance Premiums $1,850 $1,850
Opening Advertising $1,500 $4,500

• ESTIMATED INITIAL INVESTMENT $93,550 $115,550

• The costs above do not include such variables as real estate, leasehold improvements, and security deposits.

I dug past the first page.

I don’t know about the veterans, but I am in the last stages of site selection, equipment procurement and those numbers seem kinda high.

Sure, you could hit those numbers easily.

My current total opening cost is under 50k
This includes 3 months rent and utilities. keeping the doors open, goal #1.
equipment, insurance, and pretty well everything is included. Along with a 5k opening bank balance.

I personally would never open a franchise. You would, however, be buying into someone else’s “success”. Sometimes that makes opening a business a lot less costly.

MY OPINION isn’t worth much as I am not a pizza business owner yet. I have however looked into many franchises and I currently own a business. Up untill 6 months ago I owned two. My family is already in this business and have a great set up and I plan to turn my current business over to my mother since she is no longer able to work a 9-5. It brings in roughly 1400 a month profit in about 20 hours a month, doesn’t sound like much, but it was a part time gig I started to pay for my toys.

Anyway. If you are already in the business, going to a franchise store wouldnt require much of any costs. Starting one from scratch seems to always be 2x the cost of starting your own store.

Anyway. Good luck in which ever route you take. Just remember that opening a business will cost you an armand a leg no mater which route you take.