Freddy K's Pizza Thread.

What do you do with the 40-50 pizzas a month you make? Are they all 6" pizzas?

If I made 40-50 pizzas a month, most would go in the garbage can.

That’s good advice, thanks. I have been experimenting with both stones and screens.

Unfortunately, where i live there are no used equipment shops. My comment about a $500 sheeter was meant to say that if I found a cheap enough one I would buy it just to practice with it (even if I never used it in the shop).

Freddy;
It is common for the dough to shrink back after pressing. How much it shrinks back depends upon a number of factors. Age of the dough (how long it has been fermented), protein content, water content (absorption), as well as the temperature of the dough. One thing that can be used very successfully to reduce/eliminate shrinkage at the press is PZ-44 <www.foremostfarms.com>.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

[/quote]

What do you do with the 40-50 pizzas a month you make? Are they all 6" pizzas?

If I made 40-50 pizzas a month, most would go in the garbage can.
[/quote]

I always have friends over and I give some to my neighbors. They are full 16" pies, if my oven was bigger I would be making 18" or 20" pies. Why would you throw them away, do you live in the middle of nowhere? Make them and give them away to your neighbors they are going to be your customers right? They can give you their opinions and you can see what they do and don’t like.

Thanks for the link. I will order some and try it out.

I think from now on I will wait 48 hours before using my dough. I’ll let you know how it goes.