freezing dough

Is there any down side to freezing dough? I decided one night to stay late and make a few extra batches of dough so I wouldn’t have to come in so early every day for a week. I froze the dough so it wouldn’t go bad and took what I needed each night and put it in the cooler so it would be thawed by morning. It didn’t seem to affect the quality and it was the nicest stretching dough I have ever worked with. Since that time I have thought of coming in on Sunday morning(I don’t open until 4) and just working on making and rolling dough, uninterrupted until I have to open, then freeze it all. Although this would be several hours in one day, it would give me a couple hours each day to have coffee with my wife after dropping my son off at school. Any thoughts?

Actual experience is worth gold. If it has worked for you, you can mage the safety of it, and keep the dough from freezer burn, then go for it!

time is valuable, of course, but you should be able to knock out a 50# of dough in less than hour…

depending on your cooler space, you can make several batches of dough and it will keep/hold for days…

I don’t think you’ll be happy trying to freeze your skins, especially if you get to the point you’re doing 100+ pies/day