French Fries Duration?

Hi everyone ! We just got a fryer and a heat lamp - YUM!!! Does anyone know how long Frech Fries and other items might last after they are cooked?

Please let me know! :roll:

five minutes or less? fries and other things are best cooked to order.

I could not agree more. Only cook your fries to order or the quality will really suffer. Are you making your own, or are you buying frozen?

Buying them frozen …

Man, I keep wanting to go with some sort of fried potato, but they suck up soooo much freezer space and have such huge weight to buy at a time. :roll:

If you do end up with cutting your own, remember: cooking them twice makes them nice. Pomme Fritte as the french call them are twice cooked: 1) blanch in lower temp oil (maybe 325F)to cook through; 2) drain cool them completely (you can put in cooler at this point); 3) fry a second time quickly at 375F or so to get a crispy finish. No on likes limp, greasy fried potato strings . . . . well, not everyone all the time.

the frozen ones are basically processed to stage 2, and we do stage 3 to serve them. The frozen ones also often have a coating to promote browning and remaining crisp at holding temps for longer than 2 minutes.

[quote=“NicksPizza”]

Man, I keep wanting to go with some sort of fried potato, but they suck up soooo much freezer space and have such huge weight to buy at a time. :roll:

have you considered cheesy bacon skins,they cone in a smaller box,i get 5.95 per an order of 6 skins c.o.g about 1.50
i do them and reg frys @1.95 8oz & seasoned curly fry @ 2.95 8oz

you are right though,space is priority,i have an 8 ft chest freezer dedicated just for them

i agree 100%