Fundraising Card Offers - What To Give?

Our state and local budgets are shot right now. A couple of schools that have mostly underprivileged children are really struggling because their PTAs are not able to raise as much money as other, more affluent, schools.

For those of you who have done these, what kind of offers have you given? I’d like them to be able to sell the cards for $10-$15, but don’t know what the balance is for me to not be giving away the house, but not asking people to pay for coupons they could get out of the newspaper or mail either.

On a side note, a few weeks ago I contacted 45 local businesses about doing this with me. I gave them a letter with the who, what and why info and a self addressed stamped envelope to respond with a “yes” or “no”. I got one back who said “no, and don’t contact us again”. I’m amazed at how short sighted people are. :x

Lots of sample cards at :http://www.peeladeal.com/samples_by.php?by=industry&industry=Pizza

Same idea can be accomplished by using a laminated wallet card and punch…And folks are using up punches not collecting them so no worry about extra punches…

Thanks Royster, that is exactly what I was looking for. I like the punch card idea, I would think it would be significantly less expensive to make.

I do fundraisers with the peel-a-deal cards. My customers liked them alot because they could carry them around. I put a $10 price on them and the fundraising organization kept $6 for each card they sold. The $4 was to cover the food cost and card cost.

POM, the article about your fundraising and how it has affected your business has been one of the major motivators for me to work hard at this area during out second year of operation.

I got a sample pack from Peel-A-Deal a couple months ago, but oddly enough I never got a follow up on them about pricing.

There are some other threads on Peel-A-Deal…The one price that someone gave was U$467.00 for 1,000 1 colour cards including shipping…

This was the makeup of a card…
6 CUTS FREE
FREE EXPRESS WASH
2 FREE TOPPING ON 14 CUTS OR MORE
2 FREE TOPPING ON 14 CUTS OR MORE
FREE EXPRESS WASH WITH 12" PIZZA PURCHASE
FREE EXPRESS WASH WITH 12" PIZZA PURCHASE
BUY TWO STROMBOLIS GET ONE FREE
FREE BREADSTICKS WITH $5 PURCHASE

I own a car wash that is beside my pizza shop so I can combine the two. These deals cost me around $5.
The card has a $35 value and they sell for $10. I get $4 and they get $6.

Fundraising can give you a big boost in sales. It can be a tool to use to introduce a new line of menu items. And in my case a tool to help people get into the habit of using both of my businesses at the same time (pizza and a car wash). I am just about ready to introduce take-and-bake pizza’s to our menu. This will open up a whole new way to fundraise in my town and also through other schools in the area.

Isn’t that the way it always goes: The companies you’re actually interested in doing business with have awful sales departments and the ones you say “not interested” to won’t leave you alone?

Indie PIzza,

I just read your post. I am the president of Vision Marketing, Inc. (peel-a-deal) I am sorry you didn’t receive a follow up regarding pricing. I would be happy to answer any questions or get you the needed information that you require. You should actually have received a price quote with your sample packet. Please let me know how I could be of service to you. Please also accept my apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused.

Regards,

Ron Beverly
Vision Marketing, Inc.
http://www.peeladeal.com
877-563-5654

Indie,

I live in a town of about 6000 people and have organized a “Buy Local” fundraiser twice now. In addition to my interest in my own kid’s activities, I own a pizzeria, so therefore have been particularily motivated. I organized about 6 other businesses in town (none of which compete with me) and the kids went out to sell full-priced gift cards to their customers. People who purchased the gift cards had no motivation other than supporting the school and their local businesses. Each business agreed to donate %20 of the gift card value back to the school. Customers were happy because they were either buying a card where they already spend money, or they were buying cards as gifts or to try something new. Also, it was refreshing to have the kids selling a local product, as opposed to some crappy item made out-of-our town. The gift cards really sold themselves. Businesses were happy to help, but also to get something back. In our small town, I am hit-up at least once daily for a donation by a local organization. Our first round was very small scale, but still managed to dump about $12,000 into our local community. It truly has been a win-win situation with a ton of support for our next effort.

I would be happy to share more about our program, if you are interested.