Funny pizza story

Last night a woman showed up for a take out order. The problem was we didn’t take an order from her. She did some investigation and found out she ordered a pie from a shop in Oregon (we are Reno). Turns out she couldn’t remember our name and typed in smiles on a search and it connected her to the shop in Oregon. She said she thought the area code was weird but figured we were using a cell phone for the shop. She also said the shop had no idea of what a NY pie was. She canceled the order when she came in and waited on one from us. Technology in reverse :slight_smile: Walter

There is a shop with a similar name about 300 miles away in another province. When I get a call from that area code I always ask if they realize they are calling me. One out of 50 say oops and just hang up. People just assume google is right.

Actually… imo … people think we are wrong

The funny thing on top of it all was they asked if she wanted it delivered :slight_smile:

lol happens all the time! there are a few places around the us with the same name as us. however, more often we get calls from people trying to get a hold of other local pizza places and the other way around. Just the other day we had someone call here for pizza and show up at a different restaurant to pick up. the other place was nice enough to call and check.

We had a lady come in tonight asking for her order she phoned in. Nothing in the system so she showed me her phone and the number she dialed. We are Pizza Pizzazz and she called Pizza Pizzaz in another state about 3,000 km away.
Had a few of these and also got some from their store. Normally pick those up when they ask for delivery and the street doesn’t come up in our POS system.

I had a guy one time that called wanting a pizza delivered to the Ski resort. We told him out limit is 6 miles and the ski resort is 25+ miles away. He said no it isn’t we are in Kimberly staying here at the hotel next to the ski resort. After a few minutes he hung up. 1st clue was there are no Hotels or motels in my town, we finally figured out he was in Kimberley BC or something like that in Canada not Kimberly Idaho.

Got a delivery once from the Comfort Suites here in Albany, Oregon. Probably was after I got to the hotel and they weren’t there, the guy thought he was calling a pizza place in Albany, NY. Also, those third party web sites with our ‘menu’ and ‘hours’ on them can go to hell, they seem to be popping up overnight and somehow these people are finding them before finding our web page. :frowning: Of course the content on these sites is entirely our responsibility and we get the anger when we aren’t actually open until 2am.