Garlic Knots

I’m interested in maybe trying to add garlic knots to my menu. I remember reading a post about them on here but I can’t seem to find it. Does anyone serve them? How do you make them personally? How do you sell them?

Garlic knota are made from your regular pizza dough. I like to scale dough pieces at 1.5 to 2-ounces, depending upon how big you want to make them. Form into balls, and set aside to rest on the bench top or on a lightly floured sheet pan, lightly dust the dough balls with a little flour and cover with a sheet of plastic to prevent drying. After about 20 minutes, lightly dampen your hands and roll out each dough ball so it looks like a hot dog about 10-inches long (this is actually referred to as a “rope” or “string”). Then forn each rope into a simple overhand single knot, do not pull the knot tight, place onto a parchment paper lined sheet pan, allowing about 2-inches between the knots, lightly mist with water, and set aside to proof/rise for about 30 to 45-minutes, then bake at your regular pizza baking temperature until golden brown. Note: you will need to determine the correct baking time as they will bake faster than your pizzas. As soon as the knots come out of the oven, brush them with a commercial, garlic flavored butter or olive oil and sprinkle with a blend of powdered Parmesan and Romano cheese. You can also par-bake the rolls so they are just barely colored, then set on screens to cool, store at room temperature for up to 3 days. To use, just pass through the oven to get the desired crust color, and finish as described above. Serve with a dipping sauce.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor