George Mills & Co.

I just wanted to take a few minutes here to comment on something that has been bothering me for some time. My family spent decades building up a very successful business that started from using equipment others were discarding and having our extended family members with electrical, plumbing, hvac,…etc… knowledge there to rebuiild and “bandaid” the items together to get a year or two out of them until the money was there to upgrade. Sometimes new and a lot of times just a better POS that got us another year or two! Lately I keep reading about TT members all around the world getting screwed over by false claims and misrepresented items only to be stuck with garbage or high exchange costs…etc. I remember as a very young kid going to the used equipment supply houses near the old meat packing district of Chicago where you see it, pay for it, they either place it in your truck then and there or place it on the curb for you to come back when you get there. From what I understood… sometimes it was gone when you came back to pick it up. That’s where you pay the “locals” to protect your purchase while you gather a truck. I am sure these places still exsist today but now there are the flashy web sites with fast talking sales people…etc.

Ok enough of my story telling. Rule one… unless you have great past purchasing history with this company I will say it over and over again… GO SEE IT IN PERSON!!! Now, if that is not possible… call and spend a couple dollars on a local company authorized service tech to check it out for you. That alone is well worth the cost.

Now to the purpose of this post. I have been around the TT for 4 years now. There have been plenty of self-promoting sales people and companies. The few that tell you they are the best… will beat any price… best service…etc!!! From personal experience the best companies do not have to flaunt their history with customers! This brings me to George Mills and his company. He never pushes sales or products onto a person. He has a history of setting up and supplying thousands of pizzerias around the world. He sells new and refurbished equipment that can meet all price points. He also has one thing that stands out to me more than anything else here… I can honestly not recall a single negative remark about George or a piece of equipment he has placed. Now I am sure that in the business of selling used items there will be a real lemon or two that are sent out. It happens and is too be expected… but the real deal is how was that situation resolved for the customer! Now he might not be the least expensive on some items but then when has the cheapest item ever turned out to being the best choice in the long run?

One last note…I have not had any prior dealings with George but do greatly value his opinions and comments around here and gladly send people his direction when they are in need of restaurant equipment items. So as the many posters here rant and complain about bad situations with random suppliers I would say open your eyes and read some of the suggestions and personal experiences that others have had with George… I have a feeling that you will be happy with the outcome!!! :!:

yeah…what he said.

I have had the pleasure of meeting George at the Pizza Expo on a couple of occasions. He is as genuine in person as he is here on the forum.

I am of the opinion that people who give advice and assistance here without the thought of what is in it for them, are the kind of people I want to deal with.

HERE! HERE!
Well said.

I’d also like to thank George for his contributions to this forum. It is very much appreciated and I think we should all keep him in mind when considering new (or new used) equipment purchases.

If only someone would fix his quote button… :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your kind words.

George Mills

Thank you all for your kind words.

George Mills

You are quite welcome and deserving of the praise.