Getting rid of fountain pop

Looks like my ice machine for fountain pop machine is a goner. I don’t really care about stopping serving fountain pop, but I let my staff drink free from the fountain. Has anyone in the same situation come up with a good policy for drinks for staff? I have a long term employee that used to work at Little Caesar’s, and she told me they used to get a 2-liter and share it.

2 liter and share sounds fine to me, not gonna be as cheap as fountain drinks but its not bad. I just buy cases of bottled water from our food supplier and give those out for free to employees. They are like 9 bucks for a 24 pack, go through about 1 a week.

We just charge 94 cents plus tax for a 20oz bottle. With tax it’s $1

1 Like

What we do is we let them have bottles of water for free and we say the sodas are a $1 (covers my cost)
It works flawlessly you shouldn’t have any issues

We just sell canned sodas, and I let employees drink for fee. They waste a bunch and probably don’t appreciate it but it’s not a make or break.

1 Like

same exact thing for me!

exact same here. coke or pepsi

I charge $1 for soft drinks and provide a water cooler at each store for the crews

I used to allow 1 soda per shift per employee. I figured the sugar would give them more energy. Eventually, most of the staff would take a sip and toss it. It was like they felt as if they werent getting their full pay if they didnt drink it.

Do not recommend.

I think it really depends how much you are there and your employees. I have one store that doesn’t have a fountain. I let them drink what they want out of the cans. But randomly I have issues. I had one guy that was drinking a 12 pack a day. Ideally I would make them pay something for them so they’re at least responsible with it. If they didn’t pay anything they don’t have a problem taking a sip and then throwing it away.

…I gave free , I bought water from costco, gave 1 free per shift too, nothin works like the fountain , bring your cup and have free sodas and water. For now we make them pay 25 cents for inventory purpose. its not perfect but better them all other tried, but will get back on fountain this year.