Good Menu Designers/Printers?

grottolee

Hi all, Im looking to get new takeout menus for my place. I ordered 10,000 trifold last time from Taradel but honestly I thought the design was a little lacking. I know if I ask them to do a another design concept they are going to charge me the design fee again, so I would rather just try someone new. Anybody have a menu designer that really makes your menu pop…and doesnt charge an arm and a leg? Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I’ve always been quite happy with Rongen Robles - http://rongenrobles.com/

He’s done menus, as well as numerous other print design for me, and it’s always been great, and affordable. Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Most of the really good menu design companies charge more because they are really good. I use CFM Concepts and they charge 6 cents a peice for 50,000 11X17 menus. They are very friendly and professional to work with and their designs are amazing. There is no charge for design. It is included in the menu price.

I don’t think they will do less then 25,000 menus but you can ask. www.cfmconcepts.com

Last edited:
48.png
grottolee:
Hi all, Im looking to get new takeout menus for my place. I ordered 10,000 trifold last time from Taradel but honestly I thought the design was a little lacking. I know if I ask them to do a another design concept they are going to charge me the design fee again, so I would rather just try someone new. Anybody have a menu designer that really makes your menu pop…and doesnt charge an arm and a leg? Thanks guys.
Could you post your menu from taradel to compare?

thxs

pt

Last edited:
Sure, its at pompeiipizzeria.com/menu.htm Im really looking for someone who will design the menu so the .pdf file is my property. Taradel owns my menu because you have to give em like $300 to own the rights to it. I wanna be able to edit it myself and send it to a local printer who doesnt charge me out the ass for short run menu printing. CFM looks good but once again I don’t need 25,000 menus at a clip.

Last edited:
Crazy that they would reckon they own the rights. What kind of cost does it come to for them to design it and own the rights?

Another suggestion outside of Rongen (and where I actually first discovered Rongen) is 99Designs - http://www.99designs.com

Here you could post your menu, and some samples you like, and you would have tens, if not hundreds of designs competing for your project. Then you pick the menu you like the most. The price varies, there’s minimums per project and project fees…but at least you know you’ll be happy (and own full rights) to the menu in the end as if you don’t like what’s submitted you can cancel the project 100% and get a refund.

Last edited:
A lot of the big menu printers have their own libraries of images and graphics and they do not allow you use those images and graphics elsewhere…But by using stock art from places such as www.photos.com and/or www.istock.com you should be able to come up with suitable images and graphics…And then you are able to use those same images and graphics in signs, newspaper ads, point of sale displays, etc…

Last edited:
If that’s the menu Taradel did then I would have to agree with you.

I just ordered 10,000 from taradel with pics.
I’ll post a copy later.

The person that designed your menu should know that photos of food on a menu is a must. I would pm chris from taradel.

pt

Last edited:
Here is the rub, it looks like you have a pretty extensive menu, to make a menu really pop you need pictures but where would you put them. I think you may want to look into 11 by 17 or at least 8.5 by 14. I am going to look into a redesign myself

Last edited:
Rockstar pizza:
Here is the rub, it looks like you have a pretty extensive menu, to make a menu really pop you need pictures but where would you put them. I think you may want to look into 11 by 17 or at least 8.5 by 14. I am going to look into a redesign myself
I have to agree here, a picture is worth a thousand words. If this is a 8.5 X 11 menu, look to get the bigger one, 11 X 17. It will make a world of a difference. It did for me.

Last edited:
Back