Gourmet Pizza Receipes

I would like to hire a consultant to develop 4 to 6 gourment pizza recipes to implement into our existing menu. Does anyone know of any companies or individuals that provide this service. Thanks

Do what I do. Let the your mind wander into the strange and weird areas of “what would would it taste like if I did this” then test it on your staff and regulars.

Yes… experiment. Like Daddio says, use employees first, regulars second. The definition of gourmet pizza is pizza made by a connoisseur, or expert anyway. There’s really nothing else involved if you’re already an expert. One trick is to experiment with different types of sauces. Think of some things that you can get in another type of restaurant and try to find a way to apply them in yours. Don’t pay for something you can get for free. But, you know, I won’t twist your arm or anything if you want to pay me. :smiley: Hope this helps. -J_r0kk

Check out some of these award winning recipes from teh October issue of PMQ…http://www.pmq.com/mag/200610/article.p … mqcookbook

Also, check the PMQ Recipe Bank for recipes.

If you watn to hire someone, you may want to contact Ed LaDou. He is the one who created all of the gourmet recipes for Woldgang Puck when he came to fame with Spago and after that created all of teh recipes for teh start-up of California Pizza Kitchen. Email me at tom@pmq.com and I will pass on some contact info if you would like to talk to him about some menu consulting.

I agree, why waste your money on a consultant for something like that. Come up with something unique that you really enjoy other than pizza, and then try and apply that to pizza. Worst case scenario find some specialty pies online and then tweak them to suit your taste. Use the money you saved to promote your new items, and I bet you will still have enough left over for a vacation!

If you watn to hire someone, you may want to contact Ed LaDou. He is the one who created all of the gourmet recipes for Woldgang Puck when he came to fame with Spago and after that created all of teh recipes for teh start-up of California Pizza Kitchen.

Dayum Tom! Why ya gotta be cuttin in on another guys bizzznezzz?

Don’t pay for something you can get for free. But, you know, I won’t twist your arm or anything if you want to pay me. Hope this helps. -J_r0kk

Sorry :wink: …and next time I will try to copy edit my post before I hit “enter”…it was early in the morning before I had my first cup of coffee…huk’d own foniks wurkd fur mi :wink:

If you came up with a really unique sauce, you could develop 4 or 6 gourmet pizzas from that.

Anything that can be a sandwich can be a pizza.
I used to sell the hell out of Rueban Pizza.
1000 island for sauce, topped with cornbeef, kroaut and swiss, with a few caraways rimmed on the crust.
How about a shrimp etoufee pizza. just ladle on some etoufee and top litely with cheese.
How about a Ham spinach and ricotta with fresh basil and tomatoes and mozzerella.
How about a quiche pizza?
I have lots of recipes. PM me and Let me know what you are looking for.

Don’t feel bad. I’ve been looking for someone to guide me thorough some creative pizza ideas for my own place. Always room for improvement. I’ll pay ya! Regards and good cooking! E 8)