Greasy Pizza problem

I have a new Central Market York pizza stand …a small operation … I’m not new at making pizzas but new at buying merchandise and product Confused about brands and quality ●Anyone have suggestions on cheese or pepperoni Brands that I don’t have to keep hiding from my customers with a paper towel blotting my pizzas for the grease before they go out. ??

Grande cheese is where it’s at!

2 Likes

We use Saputo Gold cheese and have no issues. The pepperoni…that’s a whole other ballgame. I want my pepperoni greasy so I can’t recommend on that.

1 Like

Not for their prices…I don’t see the attraction to it

1 Like

I wish I didn’t have to use Grande (or Bacio). That would save me $500 a month. But the Flavor compared to Leprino(or every purveyors so called “house cheese”) is indisputable.

1 Like

Every time people talk about Grande and lavish mounds of praise on it I feel like I must not get the same Grande as everyone else. To be clear I am specifically talking about there mozzarella. I do think Grande has the best melt and stretch of maybe any mozz but its flavor just never does it for me. It seems very bland and I have blind cut it multiple times and among about 50 or so taste testers I have used, only 1 has ever actually said they preferred Grande. I know like every “fancy” pizzeria seems to use it and all the “famous” pizzaiolos use it but I just don’t get it.

1 Like

I’m with you on that I don’t get that full taste either… I’ve never done it but thinking about doing a 20% mix with provolone… Thnks for your reply

Yes I did think that I should leave the pepperoni oily grease alone …Your right I think the cheese is my problem. Thks…

It could depend on how the pizza is stretched too. If it’s thick at the crust and outer edge but thin in the middle that will create a slope for all the moisture to run down to the center. You may have some grease but it could be a combination of grease, sauce, and water in the center

1 Like