Greek Pizza/Salad

Looking to add a Greek / Mediteranean pizza and salad.

What are your better selling recipes?
What else do you use feta or spinach for?
What did you try that didn’t work?

thanks in advance for everyones input.

I have a Greek pizza with pizza sauce, ground beef, green peppers, tomatoes, onions, black olives, feta and mozza. I also have a Mediteranean Chicken pizza take off the ground beef and add chicken replace pizza sauce with Italian salad dressing.

My Greek salad has cucumber, black olives, green peppers, red peppers, tomatoes, and feta cheese with Italian salad dressing.

Somehow we left the black olives off our greek pizza, but otherwise it is same as Daddio’s with chicken.

As for other feta uses, we have gotten creative. We have a “White Salad” that has chicken, feta, artichoke and mozz/prov. We also use the feta on our A&WP (local train line; also Artichoke & White Pizza. . . garlic butter sauce, artichoke, garlic, feta, and mozz/prov. We suggest up-sell to add the spinach and chicken to it. Feta also goes onto a 12" sandwich roll with gyros slices, sauteed black olive & onion and side of tzatziki.

We do waste a good bit of spinach, but sell well enough of it to cover the cost of the 3 lb bag we buy. We sell it on calzone, several pizzas, and occasionally make spinach the up-sell goal of the night.

That sounds so freakin’ good right now.

chicken, spinach and sliced tomato are just the bomb added to this one!

Nick,
on my first couple tries, it seems like it needs to be covered in spinach to get the taste, needs alot of garlic, and too many artichokes overpowers the taste. does that seem correct?

We have just recently introduced 3 Greek themed pizzas to our gourmet range

2 are vegetarian and one lamb. Kefalotyri cheese is made from sheep milk and is similar to parmesan cheese where you flake it. A salty taste sharp cheese which really adds to the taste.

ACROPOLIS

Tomato sauce and MOZZARELLA base, GRILLED EGGPLANT, ROASTED RED PEPPERS, SLICED ZUCCHINI, KALAMATA OLIVES, SUN DRIED TOMATO, FETA CHEESE, GARLIC and GREEK SEASONING

MYKONOS MELT
WHITE GARLIC SAUCE and MOZZARELLA base, SUN-DRIED TOMATO, GRILLED EGGPLANT, GREEK SPICE MARINATED FETA CHEESE and finished with flaked KEFALOTYRI CHEESE

ZORBA’S
WHITE GARLIC SAUCE and MOZZARELLA base, LAMB rolled in GREEK SEASONING, GRILLED EGGPLANT, ROASTED RED PEPPERS, SLICED ZUCCHINI and topped with GREEK YOGHURT

All are really tasty and are selling well.

Dave

Yeah. We blanket the skin with spinach to cover almost every nook and cranny . . . it cooks down right small. Garlic, we use about 2 ounces on a 16" pie . . maybe 1.5 ounces. Artichoke runs about 1.25 oz on a 10"; 2 oz on a 12"; and 3.5 oz on a 16". Too much mozz will mask the flavors, too. If you pile it on, you will want to back it off with the lighter flavors.

Our Greek Supreme pizza consists of the following

Greek cucumber/yogurt sauce also know as Tzatziki, red onions, black olives, feta cheese, fresh sliced tomatoes and optional gyro slices or chicken strips. It’s very popular.

To help celebrate Greek Fest in our city, our shop is running a special on the Greek Supreme with a free order of Baklava with the purchase of any 14" or 16".

IMO, I cannot stand meat on a “Greek” pizza.

I love the combination of the veggies and cheeses. But, of course, society is more carnivore…so they want meat.

I always wonder why the meat almost always is chicken? How about some steak strips…at Greek restaurants, you see lamb or steak strips and not much chicken…at least in my area.

Also, pepperoncinis make an excellent acidic affect on the pie…not overpowering…but enough to know it’s there…and it’s quite tasty.

As for additional uses…if you have the toppings…add them to your additional toppings list.

I’ve found that at PJ…when we have our pizzas in that have hard salami or any other specialty meat, when we let customers know that it can be a single topping, many will order that. I have had MANY salami pizzas ordered that would otherwise be unavailable.

The Atlanta area Greek restaurants and festivals have a truly sublime roasted chicken that is fully flavored with oregano, garlic, black pepper, and lemon. It is a miraculous food. That is why we use chicken in our Greek Pizza (Grecian Delight). We have the same pizza that substitutes gyros meat into the mix, and it seldom sells . . .we sell several of the chicken versions a week. That does make me thin we should “oregano up” the pie and see if it is well received.

Practically speaking, it is another way to use the chicken before it expires, and to add another interesting chicken pizza option to our Signature Pizza line.