Gum line in my crust

Help What causes gum line in my thin and crispy crust? I do put a layer of olive oil down before I put the sauce on and I do not pre-sauce my skins. Also does it matter that my sauce is chilled in my make line, would that make a differance? Thanks for you help. :?

that can be a tough one, so many things can cause it…
did it just start ? just start doing something different /

little longer bake, lower temp, longer time, sauce too thin ?

Otis

you may not have a true “gum line”…

when you cut your pie into slices, is that when you perceive the gum line?

take that same pizza & tear it in half, from the crust to the point…do you still see a “gum line” or does it look ok?

when you cut your pie into slices, you may indeed create a false gum line w/the cutter…

tony is this a problem that you have just noticed ?
did you change your tomato sauce?
if you are doing what you been doing before . then it could be your flour.
do you retard your dough your dough for a long time 4 to 5 days?
and one more question , your dough under the sauce(the gummy part) does it have a gray color to it?

Yes I just notice the problem with this last batch.
No I did not change the sauce.
Same flour.
2 day retard time.
Yes it is kind of grey.

I have a baker in town that makes my dough, same person all the time.
Bake time in conveyor 6:15 minutes at 500 degrees

Tony
Discussion: Doughy Layer vs. Gummy Layer
Many people confuse doughy layer under the sauce with gummy layer under the sauce (discussed in next section). However, they’re distinctly different in appear­ance, cause, and remedy. Doughy layer is uncooked (i.e., ungelatinzed) dough. As a result, it has the appear­ance and texture of raw dough. Basically, doughy layer is raw dough that hasn’t yet cooked. So the main cure is more heat or longer bake time. Gummy layer—sometimes called gel layer—is cooked (coagu­lated) dough that is lacking air cells. During baking the cellular structure collapsed and the air dissipated, resulting in a dense, grayish, translucent mass with a gummy (gelatinous) texture. Because of its grayish color and gelatinous texture, some people crudely refer to gummy layer as “snot.” Gummy layer varies in thickness from very thin to almost the entire crust. It’s caused by excessive diastatic action in the dough. So the cure is to reduce diastatic activity. Unlike with doughy layer, extended baking will not eliminate gummy layer. For further discussion of diastatic action and gummy layer, see the Flour/Wheat sections of the Dough Ingredients chapter.

www.correllconcepts.com/Encyclopizza/_h … izza.htmin
in the above web site under dough ingredients, read the flour section/Amylase Content, Wheat Sprouting, and Gummy Layer.
i am sure that Tom can solve it for you
are you using PZ 44 or an asorbic acid? if i am not mistaken asorbic acid can cause thses kind of problems if you are going over the limit.
TY good luck

lilian
Thank you