Guys with edge 60s, whats the real world savings in energy

I think i asked this a few years ago but cant remember

We run MM ps360wbs and we use about 850 a month in propane and 600 a month in power
They work great but i keep hearing how great the edge ovens are

How much a month would these shave off my bill

Re: Guys with edge 60s, whats the real world savings in ener

I have a triple stack of edge 60’s and I am open 17 hours/day, 7 Days per week. We run 1 oven 30 percent of the time, two ovens 65% of the time, and all 3 ovens 5% of the time. Ours run on natural gas and our gas bill is $450/month. Our electric bill averages 1000/month, but we run 13tons of air conditioning year round. We were previously using a double stack of XLT 3270’s and when we switched, our gas bill dropped approx 150/month and our electric bill dropped 200-$300/month. We have had zero repair bills in the 3 or 4 years we have had the ovens and best of all, they are much quieter than our old ovens. I have approx, 35k into the ovens and I sold the old ovens for 12k. I figure I have saved $400/month on utility bills, and maybe 800/year on repairs. Thus it would take me around 4 years for the new ovens to pay for themselves, and we have 30 percent more capacity than we used to.

Not to high jack the thread but how does propane usage compare to natural gas. Lower per gallon?

I think propane typically is more expensive… Maybe by a factor of 50% or more?

Interesting

So about 400 a month savings since its LP?

perfect pizza,

Would you mind posting actual ccf used per month? also… Are your ovens modulating or on/off? Any split belts? Did you have to adjust your cook time? Ease of cleaning?

Last month we used 484 ccf’s. Our gas valves are modulating, and we don’t use split belts. We don’t ever have to adjust our cook time, however, if we bake an extra large pizza with everything on it we leave a little room behind it to slide it back in a foot or so.
We cleaned two of our ovens this morning, and it took two of us approx. 3 hours to get the ovens Very clean. If I stay up on them and do them every two months, we can knock all 3 of them out in 2.5-3 hours.

Well is it worth upgrading my ovens? My WBs work well and I know how to fix them, I keep 1 part of everything that goes out regularly on hand so im never down more then a few hours

but I have been eyeing the new ovens for a while now
I would wait until summer when edge comes out with the edge60WB they are working on

Is it worth upgrading?

Would you like a quieter cooler working environment?
Would you like a more consistent bake?
Would you like an easier oven to clean?
Would you like virtually no repairs for the next 5 years?

If you answered yes, then I would say it is worth upgrading. Ther is nothing wrong with middleby 360’s. You can get a set for 4-8k, they produce a decent pie, and they aren’t that hard to fix.
I think they are a good way to get into the business without breaking the bank. However, if your business is doing well, Edge 60’s are a good option to improve your business and give you peace of mind. Murphy’s law says your ovens will break down on you when you are out of town on vacation. New ovens are one less thing to worry about.