HELP! I am having a very hard time with my conveyor ovens

We have a doublestack Zesto conveyor oven. Not sure what model but it is about the same size as a mm360. I have the manual and yet I still cannot get it dialed in. The bake is very inconsistent, especially from one side to the other. The adjustment to the fingers seems to adjust the heat from side to side. Is this so you can cook different items on the same conveyor? If anyone has experience with these please share any tips and tricks you may have. Thanks

Re: HELP! I am having a very hard time with my conveyor oven

I’m not familiar with the Zesto brand ovens, but I’ll assume they are air impingement ovens with top and bottom fingers and inserts much like many of the other air impingement ovens. I’m also going to assume that these are new to you, purchased as used ovens. With that said, have you pulled the fingers out and looked at them yet? If there is an inner panel, what does it look like? Are all of the holes the same across the width of the panel, or is one half different from the other? This would confirm your thoughts that the oven is set up to bake differently on one side. We do see this done occasionally, and if that is what you are dealing with, I don’t think there is much that you can do except to buy or get new inner panels made. Sometimes an accumulation of debris in the finger sleeves can also affect the airflow, so if you find the pinger sleeves full of debris, just cleaning them might be the solution. You might even “luck out” and find that the previous owner had wrapped half of the insert with foil to achieve a different bake on one side of the oven, in that case, removing the offending foil should do the trick.
Hey George (Mills)! What’s your take?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

http://www.zesto-ovens.com/
Never heard of them.

Must be good! From Canada, eh!..lol

I do not know of any one that uses that oven. I do not think they use an impingement system to distribute the heated air.That sounds like what the problem is. Trying to distribute air over a contained space without using the impingement principle could lead to problems such as you describe. Best you contact the manufacturer.

George G Mills