HELP ME, PLEASE,

Hi every one. Im an aussie and need some help. Im opening a pizza store up shortly and need one very important thing. A pizza bain maire. Im opening store similor to pizza hut. So people can have all you can eat. Please help with any advice. Thanks heaps.

Good luck with your venture, I think you will need it.

Pizza Hut here in Australia used to do it years ago and have since closed down their dine-ins over the years. They couldn’t make money from it.

I don’t know where you are but if you did decide to go ahead with it I would think only certain parts of Sydney or Melbourne would be able to hold up to it, with probably only Melbourne CBD or inner city areas as the viable ones.

If you really want to do it there are a number of major suppliers such as Food Equipment suppliers www.foodequipment.com.au, JL Lennard,
Spyral www.spyral.com.au[/url], Commercial Food Machinery [url=http://www.cfm.com.au]www.cfm.com.au. Have you tried google search by typing in food machinery?

Also visit the Fine Food Expo in your area when it comes as there are a lot of suppliers there you can deal with. Even last week’s one here in Perth had heaps of equipment on display.

Dave

all you can eat buffets are extremely difficult to make profit on, especially when starting a new business. To make a pizza buffet successful, you have to have one thing. There is one key, volume. You’ve got to have a high volume store to do buffet and make any money from it. I would seriously think about this and do LOTS of research. Look into places in your area that have been and are open. Do some digging.

Apparetly you are looking for something that I would not usually define as a bain-marie.

bain-marie: Definition and Much More from Answers.com
Meaning #1: a large pan that is filled with hot water; smaller pans can be set in a bain-maire to keep food warm or to cook food slowly …

How do you define a pizza bain-maire?

George

I think he means the heat lamp type warmers that look similar to bain-maries. They use ambient heat instead of the steam type heat you described.

I looked at all avenues fo heaters for doing lunch time pizza by the slice and have yet to find one that keeps the product in good looking condition for any length of time. They either dry them out, curl them up on the edges or make them go soggy.

Dave

Hi Dave;

Comment: I looked at all avenues for heaters for doing lunch time pizza by the slice and have yet to find one that keeps the product in good looking condition for any length of time. They either dry them out, curl them up on the edges or make them go soggy.

Response:That is my experience also .Pizza is a marvelous food product but it does not maintain its peak of perfection for long. Bake it to perfection and get it to the customer as fast as possable.

George Mills