HELP Urbanspoon Rating Says My Employees Are Herion Addict Junkies

About a month ago someone posted to US the following review.

Heroin addicts work in the back and can’t make subs, my steak hoggie was all vegtables and had a small slab of steak-um mean not even chopped up on one half. The place used to be good when It first opened but I wouldn’t eat there for free. They hire junkies because that’s the only people that would work there. They never know what’s going on when I walk in there and it’s unprofessional

Please tell me there is something I can do about this. I reported it to US but they haven’t taken it down as of yet.

I’m not trying to be a “Richard Cranium” by asking this…
But, Do the reviewers comments have any truth to them? Have you seen any products that your crew have prepared without your direct supervision?

It is difficult to find people who take pride in their workmanship these days, and maybe when they are left alone, they may be doing a less than stellar job resulting in someone complaining like this.

I do see something able to be done to remove that review, because it may very well be determined to be libelous by saying someone else is a heroin junkie without specific knowledge and proof.

Have you checked the credibility of the reviewer? i.e. how many reviews? All negative or mixed?

In the mean time, write a professional response, have someone else proof it for you before you post it… and get some friends and regular customers to layer some better reviews on top of that one.

I have had zero success trying to get reviews removed including one several years ago that called my employees “stoners”

This too shall pass.

Bod

The reviewer created his US account the same day he posted that review and it was his only review.

I don’t believe Urban Spoon allows you to respond to reviews like Yelp and Google (don’t quote me on that) but I always like to respond to the customer reviews, usually something along these lines below. I always keep it positive and if I refute a claim the customer makes that is untrue, I always do so with a positive spin as I don’t want to get in an internet battle. I think you would probably have a legal case against someone for calling someone a heroin junkie if they in fact are not but pursuing that is likely much more of a headache than its worth in my opinion.

“Hi [reviewer], as the [owner/manager] of [name of business], I would like to personally apologize for the negative experience you had with us. We strive to ensure every customer is 100% satisfied with both our food and customer service. During your last visit, it is clear that our employees did not make your sub to your expectations Please message me as I would like to invite you back to enjoy a [sub, pizza, etc] on us and hopefully earn your business again. Thank you for your review, we appreciate hearing ways in which we can improve the customer’s experience. Hope to hear from you!”

I love this, thank you!

You’re most welcome, my pleasure!

How about this:

"Hi [reviewer], as the [owner/manager] of [name of business], I would like to personally apologize for the negative experience you had with us. Clearly it must have been disappointing as it motivated you to join US and write your very first review about us.

We are proud of our hard-working employees and they are certainly not junkies and do not deserve that characterization even if you were dissatisfied. While they rarely fail to provide the product and service a customer is looking for mistakes can happen as is evidently the case here. Please message me as I would like to invite you back to enjoy a [sub, pizza, etc] on us and hopefully earn your business again. Thank you for your review, we appreciate hearing ways in which we can improve the customer’s experience. Hope to hear from you!"

I REALLY like this one.

Thank you everyone for your replies, US deleted the post after I responded.

Really? I am guessing that they realized the potential for a libel suit.

What is US ?? never heard of this

Urban Spoon

Well there ya go, problem solved without even having to respond!