Help with gum lines

Here is my whole story…looking for advice. We are using frozen dough balls and have a conveyor oven. I am having problems with a terrible gum line. We are using pizzialio sauce by stanislaus, block cheese that we shred that is part skim and mozzerella 75% provolonge 25%. I am currently cooking low heat with longer conveyor time but have tried all over the place with temps and time. It is possible that I wasn’t letting m dough balls activate long enough so I am working on that for tomorrow.

Using frozen dough balls, you’ll have a bit extra moisture. If you’re using a dough sheeter/roller before panning and docking, try par-baking the crust for 2 mins and then topping the pizza before a full run. Crust will not only be crispy, but little/no gum line pending your dough/oven settings. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

We are par baking right now bit I was hoping we wouldn’t always have to do this. We use a dough press instead of a roller also.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Are you using the sauce right out of the can?
What is your time and temperature for bake?

Yes the sauce is roght out of the can and right now i am doing a low temp bake. 430 and 6 min 50 sec. Bake

Have you tried leaving your dough ball warm up to room temp before pressing? and then let them relax on the screen for a while before topping. Also using cold sauce sometimes imparts a gum line. imo

Today I am going to try the relaxing on the screen. I think that may work. It is drying up…i am going to give this a try

you might try about 450

I know everyone is going to think I am a dumb a** but I was thrown into this dough ball thing last minute. So is a little bit of gummy on the top normal or not? Its not bad at all…letting the crust relax on the screen for an hour helped a lot