Hey Pizzaguy/info pls

Hey pizzaguy, sometime back we talked about your parbake. Once you parbake, you let the pizza cool down and then cool it in a frig. My question, should the frig have a fan in it or will this dry it/cool it down to much? What temp are you holding the parbake pizza’s? As I use a deck, the final 2 or 3-minutes(later) decking of many pizzas at one time really cools the stones. Thanks for you info.

After par-baking the crusts you should allow them to cool on a wire rack or screen until they are no longer hot, but only warm. They can then be put into the cooler (fan or no fan it really doesn’t matter as they will not be in the cooler very long) just long enough to thoroughly cool them. This normally takes about 15 to 30 minutes. Then the crusts can be stacked up to 10 high on a pizza circle and placed into a plastic bag and stored at room temperature for up to 4 days.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

We parbake our pan pizza crust and store them in sealable containers we bought from the local dollar store. They hold 8-10 per container. Don’t know if that helps. Were you talking about the crust, or a partially baked pizza?

Russ :? [/list]

OK, if I remember right we are talking par bakeing pizzas and not just crust right? We let them cool for about 15 minutes and put lids on the pans (we used coroplast cut to ceover the pans) and stacked them in the cooler I think the pizzas would dry out if you would leavre them uncovered for to long so I would suggest keeping them covered. We always Parbaked 4- 6 hours before we needed them and then threw them in the oven for the last 3-4 minutes to finish the process. Hope that helps if you need more info let me know!

Thanks to all for the info. This really helps!