Hobart H600 Hook Doesn't Fit. I'm lost.

Hi Think Tank,

I am a newbie to the pizza world but a longtime restaurant worker.

I recently bought an older Hobart H600 that worked great at a solid price. It came with a paddle that fits perfect. I went online and bought a compatible h600 hook and it doesn’t fit. The mixer connection is much larger then the connection for the hook. I’ve been on a few sites and all the hooks available seem to be too small.

Please help!

I was looking for the part number for your dough hook and ran across the parts diagram for the H600. It doesn’t answer your question, but perhaps the diagram will help you in the future. https://my.hobartcorp.com/resourcecenter/ProductDocumentation/F3259.pdf

I have an H-600. I don’t have any decent measuring devices here, but using a yardstick the hole in the hook is slightly over 1.5 inches. Probably about 1-5/8". I don’t know how old my mixer is, but it has a Pizza Hut caution sticker from 1988.

Search eBay for H600 spiral dough hook.

Got one on there for an M802 (different size mixer) for $100. You should have some luck with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the responses. They sent me the wrong size hook. Haha. False alarm.

Steve;
Did you get a straight “J” hook or did you get one of the newer reverse spiral design mixing arms (they don’t refer to them as hooks when they’re of the reverse spiral design)?. The reverse spiral mixing arm is GREATLY preferred over the old design “J” hook for their vastly improved mixing action.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
m

Tom,

It was a reverse spiral. Much better product than before!

Steve;
You’re “good to go”!
Be sure to put a drop or two of olive oil on the shaft where the dough arm attaches to prevent any possibility of galling and it will last a lifetime. Remember to “change the oil” occasionally too, by this I mean to wipe the oil off of the shaft and apply a few drops of fresh olive oil. The reason for this is that the oil will become contaminated with flour over time and become “gunky” actually making the removal of the dough arm more difficult. We used to use a paper towel and wipe it off about once every two weeks and wipe on fresh oil at the same time. After you wipe it off the first time you’ll see what I mean…it’ll leave a pretty grungy looking smear on the paper towel.
I’d suggest fastening it to the floor too as they have a habit of going for a walk through the park when mixing dough. The best way I’ve found to do this is to place just a dab of silicone adhesive under each leg (DO NOT USE MORE). If you need to ever move the mixer use a piece of high test fishing line or piano wire with a piece of wood wrapped on both ends, then just slide it under the leg and work the line/wire through to free it from the floor.
Enjoy your new mixer! :slight_smile:
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Tom,

Rather than olive oil, look into “Petro Gel” it’s a food safe lube typically used in ice cream machines to allow them to glide up and down the face of the machine to let ice cream through the openings. This lube we put right on the shaft and only need to clean it and re-lube about once every 6 months. It’s much more durable.

Great idea!
Tom Lehmann/the Dough Doctor