How big a prep table?

I know that Nick mentioned that he wanted at least a 67"…I was looking really hard at a 93" model from TRUE. Seems like a good enough table…no experience though. May not need that large, but I have the space for it…so I’m thinking why not. Extra refridgerated space. Any drawbacks of a large table?

Don’t think of your makeline as “extra refrigerated space”. One thing the big boys taught me is that the line should be emptied nightly. If your makeline dies overnight, you’re tossing food away. If your walk-in dies overnight, you’ve got a really good chance of saving the food.

Next, look at the compressor size. Make sure it’s in-line with what others offer in that size table. The bigger the better.

Now, as for the size of the table. You can’t have too large of a table, or at least I can’t. Logistics is the issue. If you want to make sandwiches, would a seperate sandwich table be more usable? If so, and you don’t have enough space for both, then the pizza line needs to be cut down. If you think you can do both in one table, then go for it. The number of cooks and the physical layout will be the limiting factors on doing both from the same area.

MINE IS 67",15 YEARS OLD,NEVER HAD A PROBLEM,WISH I WOULD HAVE GONE BIGGER,I HAVE ADDED A TRUE SANDWICH PREP NEXT TO IT,7 OR 8 YEARS OLD,WORKS LIKE NEW.I SAY IF YOU CAN GO BIGGER,DO IT.

So maybe even the 111" then. I am carte blanche at the moment. I have the luxury of an empty building. I can put whatever I want in the kitchen and then design around that. Still looking hard at the ovens.