How important are menu boards?

Right now i don’t have a menu board in my store, guests use a 4 color menu that I have from Grande Cheese, looks nice and works to a point. thinking about Grande making a 5 panel back lit menu board full color that would look just like my menu flier. The menu board would be 9 feet by 30 inches. Would hang over the front counter. $750.00 cost. what do you guys think? :?

I would say do it! $750 is not all that expensive and I tried getting rid of my hanging menu boards and just go to hand held and customers just get miffed and I feel they may not be ordering all they could when in store. “Font is too small” is a common complaint. I am building new boards as we speak.

Does anyone use tent cards or pin back buttons to promote add on sales?..Full colour images and some short text can increase sales…

Royster

Im assuming you do pin back buttons? Message me with some info i may be interested in some

BC I will send you a PM…

But I also want to apologize if this came across as a “sales post”…Those that have been here for a while will know my 1st interest is helping out and any sales I get are appreciated but not expected…

we think its INCREDIBLY important.

in december, a project long in the making came to reality for us. we updated our pizza menu board… and id say by quite a bit!

previously we had a back lit aluminum frame, plastic insert 8 panel menu with engraved inserts for the items. these-overly-expensive-to-update boards were complimented by terribly 90’s-ish stock graphics.

for years ive dreamt of a cleaner looking design, that sells the product, not just give the price. i wanted pictures of the pizzas we think are most photogenic, and which are most often confused otherwise. i installed ceiling mounted light fixtures with small flood lamps pointed at the main board. best part about it was that we built it completely by ourselves. it was a fun project and team work accomplishment

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/pizzilla/68844_10151302023063205_203963516_n_zpsb7e6e0e1.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums/af319/pizzilla/58CE7A12-9FC9-4204-B059-DE41B6794F51-7137-0000061E76882745.jpg

PizzaJeep…very nice indeed…

We did something similar several years ago, alibet, on the more cost effective side…lol…

As a ‘closet’ graphic designer, I bought a hi-rez graphic/jpg of an old school chalkboard with a wood frame. Had them printed on PVC and hung…was quite happy overall…

PizzaJeep very well done…

would say do it! $750 is not all that expensive and I tried getting rid of my hanging menu boards and just go to hand held and customers just get miffed and I feel they may not be ordering all they could when in store. “Font is too small” is a common complaint. I am building new boards as we speak.
Dale the Pi Man
Blackjack Pizza
Boulder County Colorado
Twitter @BlckJckPzza

Send me some pics when you get your menu’s up Dale. I would like to see what you are setting up

David
pizzapirates@adelphia.net

I apologize also i didn’t mean to make royster look bad in any way or hijack the thread next time u will use pm myself.

Why not use 46" tvs for that?

We have 2 tvs in each store that we use for a menu board. Just put the file on a flash drive and your good to go

Someone sent me a PM about this thread but I can not find it…Thinking maybe some messages got lost in the transition to the new board…So please re-send you message…Royce…