How important is it to have your name on the pizza box?

Simple question, How important is it to have your name on a pizza box? Does it give your business more value? What do you do if you box top…does it take away the value on the box???

I think it is just as important, as a uniform, a car-topper, or signage. Your name on the box is an extension of your company. When the customer receives it, he generally rips of the box-topper, and saves it, and the box goes in the trash, or on the ground, or any number of places before it hits the recycling center or landfill. During its lifecyle the box will rack up a number of impressions, those impressions could turn into additional purchases.

In most cases, I have found that the cost of the boxes go down when I sign a contract with a manufacturer for the first 50 cases. The reduction in cost offset any production cost, and in some cases I have found the box companies will wave the setup charges, and plate fees if you place a large enough order, or long enough contract.

I think I was recently quoted $22.00 for a 50 pak of 16" boxes (Plain), and $19.69 (Printed), that a $.0442 savings per box, or a 3/10th of 1% savings on a $16.00 pizza. Small savings, but it all adds up.

I agree with tommie about the number of impressions a single box can make. When I see our logo on the backside of a yardsale sign it just makes my day! I also find that we pay less for b-flute boxes than our supplier will sell generic E-flute boxes to us for. Although I wasn’t aware you could get custom boxes with an order of 50 bundles. I’d be interested for future endevors to find a manufacturer that would print that quantity for a reasonable price.

Me too.

I wanted to do our logo (black & red) on plain white boxes (currently using a generic cafe picture box) but the costs for artwork and plate making was about $900 per box size 10 inch, 13 inch, 15 inch and 18 inch, plus we had to order in lots of 20,000 of each size. 13 and 15 inch would be OK but the others would be a years supply. It’s a lot of money up front just sitting there.

It would be nice to do but not at this stage of the game. A POS is more better investment.
Dave

I simply can’t get to minimum orders or STORE minimum orders on custom boxes - instead, we use a VERY nice, full color boxtopper.
Our boxes still get most of the impressions, with the exception of a few in trash after a boxtopper’s ripped off, I guess.
I figure if the boxtopper’s been ripped off and saved, then that box has DONE it’s job quite well already!

I’m considering custom boxes simply because of my large orders. There are times when we’ll deliver a large quantity of pies to schools, churches, businesses, etc. We always throw magnets and menus in each one, but it would be great to have the “eaters” staring at my logo on the box too.

MAN! You’ve GOT tolook at Starr Pizza Boxes. they have a $125 plate charge per color, so $250 2-color logo size. Their minimum order is 500 boxes per size, and 10 bundles of each size is nothing to manage for most people. I’m not saying they are the best game in town . . . just one I’ve had good luck with, and waaaayyy less than you were describing.

Large Foodservice vendors can work with you, or talk directly to Starr at www.starpizzabox.com Get in affordably.

MAN! You’ve GOT tolook at Starr Pizza Boxes. they have a $125 plate charge per color, so $250 2-color logo size. Their minimum order is 500 boxes per size, and 10 bundles of each size is nothing to manage for most people. I’m not saying they are the best game in town . . . just one I’ve had good luck with, and waaaayyy less than you were describing.

Nick

AS I am in Australia I think the freight charge wouldbe a bit igh :smiley: Thnks for the input anyway.

Dave