How many here want to see me throw away money?

Steveo, Im in Chicago also where is your store located?

Hey guys,

Just an update. Not sure if its my new improved positive attitude or what, but this has been the busiest week we’ve had yet. And that does NOT include today! Yesterday (Friday) was our busiest day we’ve ever had. We broke $650 for the first time and handled it quite well. It was awesome, I was so happy all day. March has been pretty good to us, and I’m glad the slow months (Jan and Feb) are over.

Can’t thank you guys enough for helping me out. I know you guys can lead a horse to water, but can’t make it drink. Well, I’ll definitely be drinking the water, in fact I’ll be chugging it… So once again, thanks to everyone!

I’m actually in a suburb of Chicago, about 30 from downtown.

Steve,

I’d print out and tape to each order a special, “good for the next seven days only!” coupon on bright paper. Use a 5-10% higher than normal food cost but bundle a couple pizzas and maybe some sides with it. The coupon should thank them for their loyalty, etc. Write the date on the coupon when you send it out.

This is a basically free way to gain repeats.

I would also recommend a give-away promotion in exchange for people programming your number into their cell-phone.

If you’re going to give it a go, advertising is everything. You’re not competing with 35 pizza places, you’re competing with their mailers, their commercials, their magnets, etc. Quality is everything to us, but to the consumer, it’s basically whoever comes to mind first when they decide they want pizza.