how much are blodgett mt-3270 worth

So i have a friend that has a double stack blodgett mt-3270

that work fine for 1500 bucks

is this a good deal

thanks

If they work well and are in good shape it is a great deal…

But:
How old are they?
gas or electric?
what about shipping & transportation?
what condition are they in?
assuming you are in business will you have to change your hood vent?

You can “invest” a lot of money into repairs if they are not in good working condition. Plus a 70" chamber makes for a large oven…make sure you have the room.

We have a late 1990s 3240 Gas double stack and it works superbly. We paid about 6K and it was a good deal (it included a hood vent also).

Vinny

There are from 1988 and they are gas. In good shape and they are about 5 miles from my house.

Is a 3240 big enough? i do think that the 3270 is very big. i would like it to be smaller.

just wanted to know how many pizzas an hour will a 3240 put out with both ovens going

the 3270 does about 100 pies an hour with both going.

i think i only would need to run one oven at a time, we only put out like 30 pies an hour, since we are a full restaraunt as well

Please let me know

Output would depend upon cook time, but your 3270 will cook close to 100 per hour at a 6 minute cook time per deck.

and the 3240 will do what per hour

According to this calculator, a 40 inch cook chamber with a 6 minute cook time can do about 44 per hour while a 70 inch chamber with the same cook time will cook about 80 pizzas per hour.

http://pizzapartner.com/element.php?Ele … =p&SessId=

It depends on the size of the pizza also.

We bake our pizzas at 500 degrees for 5 minutes. We can fit two 14" pizzas across and about 2.5 long in the chamber or about 5 pizzas every 5 minutes. So thats about 60 pizzas an hour per oven or 120 an hour. If we are selling jumbos I can only fit about 3 pizzas in at a time or 30 per hour.

The reality is we only use one oven and on most days and it usually keeps up fine.

Think of it this way…100 pizzas during an entire rush over 3 hours is pretty darn good. Most ovens on the market today will keep up with that pace with one oven…and most places have two or more ovens.

Vinny

Notes on the subject at hand
An air impingement ovens with 32 in wide belts will produce the following # of pizzas per hour depending on the pizza size and the length of the bake chamber and bake time.

14 in round pizzas five minute bake in an oven with a 40 in bake chamber = 69 per hour
14 in round pizzas six minute bake in an oven with a 40 in bake chamber = 58 per hour
14 in round pizzas five minute bake in an oven with a 55 in bake chamber = 93 per hour
14 in round pizzas six minute bake in an oven with a 55 in bake chamber = 78 per Hour
14 in round pizzas five minute bake in an oven with a 70 in bake chamber = 120 per hour
14 in round pizzas six minute bake in an oven with a 70 in bake chamber = 100 per hour

16 in round pizzas five minute bake in an oven with a 40 in bake chamber = 60 per hour
16 in round pizzas six minute bake in an oven with a 40 in bake chamber = 50 per hour
16 in round pizzas five minute bake in an oven with a 55 in bake chamber = 81 per hour
16 in round pizzas Six minute bake in an oven with a 55 in bake chamber = 68 per hour
16 in round pizzas five minute bake in an oven with a 70 in bake chamber = 105 per hour
16 in round pizzas six minute bake in an oven with a 70 in bake chamber = 87 per hour

ABOVE IS PER DECK PRODUCTION MAXIMUM CAPACITY NO SPACE BETWEEN PIZZAS

George Mills

Hey guys, I just picked up a Blodgett MG3270 1990 model. It seems to be clean and in great shape. I just got it all hooked up, and I am trying to tune it perfectly now. I previously used Lincoln 1132 - 3 phase - dbl stack, and 490 degrees at 6 minutes got the pizza evenly cooked throughout. I’ve got this Blodgett set at 515 for 7min 15sec, and it just is getting the center done without burning the outer crust.

Should I crank the heat on up so that I can speed up the belt?

Can I expect to load it down with pizzas on a Friday and have evenly cooked pies?

Also, it takes about an hour to get to temperature… Should I see about replacing a part or is that to be expected?

Thanks so much for the time!