How much time do you spend in your shop?

I guess there’s a limit to everything lol!
Thanks

I spend about 20-30 hours a week in our retail business. More during busy times. Then I spend quite a bit of time on business brokerage and business appraisal and consulting. Total work load is around 50-60 hours… just not all in the pizza biz!

Still at about 65 hours a week, 7 days a week and probably a little less than 10 hours a day. The other day my wife and I left at 6pm and it felt like a day off. Problem is I’m not just replacing 1 superstar (me) I’m replacing 2 (my wife). We can obviously give each other off but that’s no fun.

I have bonuses and wages all planned out, just don’t have that 1 person yet to take the reigns. However, within the last two weeks, I went on a hiring spree. I probably hired 7 or 8 people and most of them with management experience. With our main person going on maternity leave, I have some spots to fill. I really feel confident in a few of these people, I would fart around and hire a dude for a couple of weeks and he’d flake out on me and it was back to square one. Over and over into the weeks went by and months went by… and years. I’m making my stand right now, my labor has gone to hell but that’s ok, it’s a means to an end. I hope. We’ve had a great 4 years but it’s time for my store and I start seeing other people.

just opened a new shop, about 100 hrs a week, a glutton for punishment !!!

love it! good for you…what is your payroll %? How do you calculate it? does it include your pay? thanks

We have 2 stores and ice cream/ coffee (like Starbucks and Dairy Queen put together). I’m about 60 hours a week but we have our whole family to rely on wherever we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t get paid. I get the profit from the business and from the property rent but I take no W2 income. (I do get a really good discount on pizza though! haha)