how much to sell dough and sauce to a friend?

I am selling dough and sauce to a friend that has a pizza shop. How much would you mark it up to cover costs, labor etc…

10%
20%
50 or more?

Thanks
Gino

don’t do it…

have your friend succeed by buying his own dough/sauce/supplies just like you do…

share your recipes if you wish, but don’t risk the business or friendship…

if he fails, might he blame you our your products?

if someone gets “sick” eating his/your product, might they go after you & your business?

not worth it, IMHBAO…

You will also enter into the realm of the Department of Agriculte when you start selling products like that needing packaging, HCAAP processes for ahndling and deliveries, etc. . . . another tax bracket for wholesaling . . . Potentially more licensing . . .

Not saying it is not worth doing, but it may not be as simple as just whirling up another bath or two of dough each week.

Hello guest,do what you have to do to make a buck.If he’s a friend make at least 20% off him.I would personally shoot for 30-35%but thats just my greedy butt. :stuck_out_tongue:

Niccademo

A rule that works quite well for figuring actual cost to make dough is 2.5 times the ingredient cost. This takes into account all of the “other” expenses involved in making the dough, labor, overhead, etc. I would think that you could use the same rule for the sauce too.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor