I need help cooking chicken

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I am cooking chicken in my middleby marshall and am having trouble cooking it well, I am trying to get a grilled taste and do not know what type of pan to use and if I should cook it covered or uncovered.

also if any body knows what type of chicken to use for fajita strips I would apreciate it. Thanks.

we used to cook chicken tenders, but you could also do random sized chicken breasts (cheaper) or boneless chicken thighs (thats what chinese rest use)

you can marinate them in a variety products, like italian dressing, soy/terriyaki/bbq sauce, liquid smoke etc…

we just tossed the tenders in liquid marg., laid them out on a 1/2 sheet pan (sprayed w/pan release)…seasoned w/Lawry’s and run thru the oven, same as you pie time…

then turn the, over, re-season and send back thru…

after they were cooled, we diced 'em up for pizza topping, pasta, salads, sandwiches…

Last edited:
Thats what i have been doing, bu they are coming out a bit dry, does anybody have a sudjestion. Thanks.

our tenders never came out dry…seems you’re cooking them too long/too hot…if using a conveyor, try pushing in the trailing edge of the pan flush w/the oven 2 quicken cooking time…

we used a MM 350…475/6-7 minutes…lotsa margarine

Last edited:
Patriot, I guesse I should have worded it better. I am trying to cook fajita strips, my tenders come out great, but I am trying to cook pre cut un cooked chicken fajita strips.

I am having trouble cooking them to have a grilled flavor and not to dry out. Thanks.

I would consider using some liquid smoke 2 marinate them, some margarine, seasoning etc…

try using a thin, but teflon type pan…put a pizza screen over the pan when you run it thru…the screen will help block some of the drying air hitting the product…

you’ll never get “brown” or grill-style marks, I don’t believe

Last edited:
if you have a range top you can get a cast iron grill skillet.(has grill-like raised striations)
it will give you both flavor and marks on any thing you cook.
you can pre cook any amount desired and keep in cooler or freezer

run your chicken through the oven in the marinade. that is what we do and it comes out nice and moist.

60.png
romano:
if you have a range top you can get a cast iron grill skillet.(has grill-like raised striations)
it will give you both flavor and marks on any thing you cook.
you can pre cook any amount desired and keep in cooler or freezer
I’d be tempted to run the cast iron griddle through the conveyor with chicken on it to see how it does. Who knows . . . could be the ticket.

Last edited:
Hello guest,why not save time and risk and just go w/ an already prepared julienned fajita chicken from one of your purveyers?There are so many good products out there.
Niccademo

Last edited:
48.png
goomba:
Hello guest,why not save time and risk and just go w/ an already prepared julienned fajita chicken from one of your purveyers?There are so many good products out there.
Code:
                        Niccademo
My reason for trying to find an alternative to pre-cooked fajita strips is that I am hard pressed to get one that is less than $3 a pound for all white meat. My price point is so high with the $3.50/lb stuff that I cannot offer an attractive enough array of chicken stuff using the product.

Last edited:
boneless chicken thighs are the answer for your price point…problem is they prob come in a 40# case lot…

I’d still stick w/the tenders thinly sliced & reheated, covered by a pizza screen…

the cast iron suggestion prob won’t work, as it won’t get hot enough…

you could find a 2" 1/2 size hotel pan w/a non-stick feature…

Last edited:
WoW, Great Sudjestions, Patriot, We are using the boneless skinless Chicken thigh,

Can Anybody sudjest any more Marinades, I am looking for something suddle yet very good. Thanks.

Similiar to what they use on the precooked stuff. thanks.

Patriot'sPizza:
. . . . . the cast iron suggestion prob won’t work, as it won’t get hot enough…
I can preheat it on the range or in the oven prior to sending it through. Then, it is hot for however many runs it will take to cook my lot.

I am consider thigh meat and mixed white/dark. I like the feel of providing all white meat, but customers aren’t willing to pay for that premium anymore . . . so the mixed precooked may be my answer.

Last edited:
What kind of marinades are you using. I am using some dark chili powder and soy bean oil as my marinade right now, but I know I can get better. Thanks.

Hello Nick,I understand your take on the price of chix.these days which is a disgrace.Its just so hard to put a price on safety in your business.With many young and untrained 'kids’in our business it is extemely wise to have a pre-cooked chix. on our line.Is it more expensive?Most definitely.But in some areas of our business we have to spend the xtra buck and I think this one area where most of us should spend it.
Just food for thought, Niccademo

Last edited:
Back