I try not to post here often, but I need to vent somewhere

Glad it’s not just me. I had to have a 10 minute class on circuit breakers after multiple trips because nobody knew what a tripped one looked like. Really the biggest issue is the lies that an employees knows what they are doing or “yeah I checked that” but they didn’t. How long has the door been broken? “Happened a day or two ago” Called me because a wheel on a dough rack was sticking but not that the front door was broken. I’ve got one store that breaks more than the others combined. Lexans, prep tables, phones. They just don’t care. I’m as quick to blame management as anyone, myself or otherwise. But there is only so much you can do. You can’t teach a wall to be a window.

Short of having a manager stand over them and supervise every step for the entire shift, what are you saying?
Yes they are trained and taught the proper way to do things,
What I am seeing is lack of paying attention to anything, I see it outside of work too with most anyone under 40 years of age.
When I was young you took care of things you owned, and you took even better care of someone else’s property, You fixed things, you didn’t just throw them out and replace them. You changed your own tire if you got a flat, because you didn’t have a mobile phone in your pocket to call for help.
So yeah, part of this idiocy may come from kids having phones at so young of an age
This is what we get when we have an entire generation that was not disciplined by their parents or teachers, and given a trophy just for showing up, and now we are paying the price.

I am not an absentee owner, I work on the line with my cooks every single day, I am always first in and the last one out.
Younger people these days are very inattentive, they do not notice things by themselves, it has to be pointed out to them multiple times, and be reminded over and over.
Maybe relying on electronics has actually changed the way their brains operate?