Idea to share - School fundraising

I wanted to share with all of you an idea that I put into action this school year and so far has been fantastic. I don’t mind sharing the idea, because I already have a monopoly with my local schools :twisted:. (just kiddin)

Anyways, we call it “Pizza Night for Our School”. I am sponsoring a single night per month to each of the elementary schools in my delivery area (6 in all). Simply, the school distributes flyers and the kids wear stickers on their shirts that announce the event. When an order is placed and the school is announced, we mark the ticket. At the end of the night, we tabulate the totals and give 15% of the referred sales back to the school. The kids love it, because they’re kids and they love pizza. The schools love it because it’s the easiest fundraiser ever and they can make decent money for doing virtually nothing, and we love it because it’s like 600 X 6 advertisements going home and asking mom and dad to order from us. All this, plus the positive PR is very good for any business.

We plan on doing this each month through the entire school year. We only offer this fundraiser on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, so it does not affect our weekend business. All 6 of the schools jumped at the opportunity when I presented it to them. It’s a no-brainer win-win-win.

If you are looking for something to boost your midweek sales and are in a similiar situation where no other pizza place has approached these schools, you might want to look into it.