Illinois Pizza Place Buyer Needs HELP QUICK

So I posted a topic about a month and a half ago about a place that I was buying asking for help and got many of my questions answered, however I have hit one final road block. This is proof that I am a first time buyer because I am now ready to close this deal and set an occupancy date but before I can do either I need to get licensed. I am already in the process of incorporating myself now I just need to know the fastest way to get my business licenses and food licenses. I don’t know exactly what is needed but I can tell you that the place is in Illinois. Cook County. Schiller Park. Anything you can tell me to get the process rolling would really help. I don’t even know exactly what licenses I need.

Thanks for your advice.

just go to your local health dept and ask them what you need from them you will need to be approved by them and then also go to your city hall and ask them what license you need to operate a business in your town. Hope this helps, it can all be a pain, especially the health dept.
Kel

Thanks for the advice. I have already made some calls but no call backs from any of the places yet. I will take a trip to the Village hall tommorow morning. Some people told me its faster to do it online but I can’t find any of the sites.

Thanks Again.

Hi Nasso

The advise you have gotten so far is good. You will need to contact your city’s building department, health department and fire marshall .

You will need to furnish the above departments with blueprints drawn to scale showing the lay out of your proposed shop. You will need to list all of the equipment to be used and specify that everything qualifies under NSF regulations, building department regulations and meets fire codes .
You will need ventilation blue prints, specifying if you are using a UL or ETL listed hood or an unlisted hood. You will on your prints have to detail the instillation of the hood and how many CFM of air it will be required by code to exhaust and how you will bring 100% of the exhausted air back into the building at not colder than room temperature.

The above is usually what is required ,some jurisdiction require more some less of the above.
George Mills

i JUST WENT THROUGH THIS ABOUT 15 MONTHS AGO. eVERYBODY IS RIGHT AND YOU ALSO NEED TO TAKE A HEALTH DEPARTMENT COURSE TO BE CERTIFIED. tHEN THEY WILL WANT TO INSPECT THE PLACE WHICH WILL CAUSE A LITTLE HASSLE IF THE BIZ, IS OLD. tHEY WILL WANT TO BRING THINGS UP TO CODE. sO DONT SIGN ANYTHING UNTIL THEY ARE READY TO INSPECT OR MAKE SURE YOU MAKE YOUR STARTING DATE THE DAY YOU GET ALL INSPECTIONS AND OR LICENSES. I GOT FUCKED THEY HAD ME CLOSED FOR ALMOST 6 MONTHS AND I HAD TO PAY RENT, PHONE, ELECTRIC, GAS, ALARM, WATER AND INSURANCE !!!THATS ALOT OF $ LOST.

I don’t know what the law is… But I’ll tell you the only inspection we had done prior to opening 4 years ago was a health inspection.

It varies from state to state, county to county. Go visit one of your neighbors and ask them what they had to do to open the doors.

You can generally expedite filing your business papers, if you go directly to your capital or where ever your states government has offices. Don’t mail the paperwork in. Carry it directly to the specific office, and ask them to expedite it.

Fire marshall closed me back down for three days after the health dept. nobody ever told me I needed them, make sure and check. They were mad that I opened without their approval so they drug their feet on purpose. Got everything for your sales tax and such in line? I wouldnt sign anything before HD goes through and make sure they know its a purchase. Around here theyll give you a grandfather clause for codes until its sold.

Maybe this will also help. I posted this a couple months back:

http://www.pmq.com/tt/viewtopic.php?t=1054&highlight=

-J_r0kk