iPad/iPod POS

Here is a blatant ad for a new hand-held POS based on using an iPad/iPod…

We’re jumping into the pool as a reseller…

Tho I love P.O.S. and highly recommend it, this is just plain cool…

It may not be perfect for DelCo only operations, but for table-side units…wow!

It’s not cheap, but not as much as some of the big bloated systems…

Check out the web site http://www.amburapp.com as its pretty informative…

We can get you the system & set-up the menu/data base, or you can do it yourself…it has a minor learning curve, similar to P.O.S.

One price $999 and as many satellite servers as you want…FREE!

Please feel free to message me with any questions!

Would love to jump into something like this. Really, I would jump into anything available on the Mac platform if I could find something delivery compatible. I don’t see anything on that website that attests that it can handle deliveries. Pizza also presents its own ordering requirements – halves/split ordering.

I’ve contacted a few different iPad POS companies and none have any clue as to what a pizza concept requires.

How do you feel Amburapp can handle pizza?

Although this is a great app for dine-in operations, the Author is still actively working on the program and it’s “cloud” abilities…

The model I use has been tweaked for pizza shops, and like any POS, it’s not perfect for every operator…

But I’ve modeled it after Point of Success in many ways…lol…as I still will use that in my new place…mostly for on-line ordering & Big Holler…

But there are a few work around solutions I’ve been playing with, that will allow a customer to order on-line…drawback is he lack of interaction with Ambur, so a minor issue, to me…Like Dash Order or Tap2Order…

But for the price/concept…man it’s cool! Pay one price…add employee’s iPhones or iPods…

You need to use printers vs. display monitors, but I believe that might change in the future as well…

All-in-all, a great POS for many, and better than the other higher priced options…not perfect, but stable and customizable for many…

Like any POS, it’s not cheap, when you factor in the other necessary items, like printers, cash drawers, learning curve…more than P.O.S. but worth it…

On a side note…the folks @ P.O.S. are working with a app that you can use on an iPad to use/view P.O.S. but the best selling point is the way Ambur runs on a smaller device…

Other iPad systems are quite pricey and those that have an add-on module, like Aclaim, the iPod/iPhone screen interaction is poor, IMHO.

How about a Tablet for your Pizza Shop?

http://www.compasspointofsale.com/PartnerTechEM200.html

Compass Point of Sale is an Aldelo Chanel Partner - Aldelo is great for Pizza Shops of any kind.

I’m sure it’s a fine product, but more ‘brick-like’ when compared to an iPod or iPad…Apple users are breed by themselves…lol…

Having been a server, even I think even an iPad is too clumsy…but an iPod Touch…that’s the ticket…and many staff members already have that or an iPhone…no added expense for the operator…

And then you have to pay the employee for use of their phone/pod/pad. Not to mention if you’re doing cards through a personally owned phone/pod/pad.

I reckon you wouldn’t have to pay employees…it would be a voluntary/vanity thing…

You would have to buy the initial iPad and a few satellite iPods…but in my experience, many wouldn’t object if it made their job easier…

All charge cards could/would be handled by the iPad & not thru the individual server…

This is not a ‘cheap’ venture and is just as pricey as some other POS systems I’ve seen & used but has some great elements for some style of operations…

No POS is ever perfect 100% of the time, but Ambur is unique in many aspects…initial costs being one, customization being another…the fact you can use an iPhone/iPad is just an benefit…