it looks like my run is coming to an end,

Sounds like you are all set for this, congratulations! Enjoy whatever you decide to do (or not do!) in your future life

Paperwork is signed, so basically I will no longer be forced to be the responsible adult in every situation starting January 2nd.

I keep having 2nd thoughts about this sale after busting my butt for so many years trying to get where we are at, me doing a restaurant start-up with such a tiny budget with zero working capital, but every single time it comes down to me not being able to build up my staff levels enough to reach our full potential.
I’ve been leaving well over $400K on the table each year by being forced to decline most catering, Plus not being open for lunch. I feel as if I’ve been spinning my wheels and never getting to where I need to be.
So screw it. I’m out!

Walter, @smiling with hope My path has been cleared to to get out to visit, lend a hand, try to help getting, and training some new hires, and taking a little pressure off of you.
I wish I could be there sooner, but I have training obligations to the new owners of my shop

I felt this same exact way when we sold our previous shop in fact I cried my last day there as I was walking out the door. I questioned our decision to sell for a few days after that as well but for us the reasons to move on involved more than just the business but our family life as well. Looking back I’m 1000% sure we made the right decision these feelings are normal. Beleive me you are moving on to better things. Enjoy your time off do the things you werent able to do while you were working we all know that is a long list. Brainstorm your next venture and get back into the grind with a shit ton of experience under your belt. My 2 cents good luck.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I know how it feels to leave something you build up from nothing with your sweat and it never was able to reach its full potential. I did that with my 25 as a special education teacher and the businesses I built out of my classroom. Sometimes things just aren’t meant to be so as to lead one to the next endeavor which will be more rewarding and less resistant. Hopefully you will process it and as they say time is the great healer… Thanks for the help offer. The past couple weeks has brought us 2 high schoolers whose families are regular customers, a university student who is a weekly customer, and a mother of a 5 year old with CP. All are great workers and we are stocked solid for the moment. As you well know this could change in a minute so we are enjoying it for now :slight_smile: Walter

Who the heck is this earnest guy, and why does he get any money?
https://media1.giphy.com/media/trjUtMbysPNLO/200_s.gif

It has been 10 days since i sold my place, people who know me are saying they’ve never seen me smile so much…

I registered the new business in my state, and I have that keeping me fairly busy chasing down the equipment that I need.
NO EMPLOYEES!!! and it is not in the hospitality industry, Hallelujah, and it is my schedule, no hours posted on the door.

I purchased a 25 year old ultra classic electra glide (the geezer glide) that is in great shape, I am freshening up the engine in my FXR, and I plan to smell like gasoline, motor oil, & hydraulic fluid instead of smelling like BBQ & Pizza. So maybe the larger women will not chase me as much…